Kiss Full Cover Nails
In the same way color-blocking made its way from fashion to nails, ombre isn’t just for your hair anymore either. Kawajiri loves the trend, and while you could do it in this nude shade, you can also go bold with these extra long black and white ones. Both come in the trendy coffin shape, but you can shave them down to an oval, square, or whatever your preference may be once the glue dries. Just note that nail glue doesn’t come in this kit, so you’ll want to buy some .
Review: Dashing Diva Magic Press Nails
Im not really sure what to say except, have you tried this? If not, you need to!
Ive always seen these Dashing Diva Magic Press-On Nails at Watsons every time I dropped by to stock up on stuff, but somehow have also always been apprehensive of them. To spend money on press-on nails and not be sure if they would last 2-3 weeks? Id rather get an express gel manicure done for $18 at Far East Plaza.
But then I saw them on Shopee and said, Screw this, lets try it. And so here I am, a couple of sets later and Im a convert.
Not only are these fake nails so pretty, they also:
- come in a variety of colours, textures and designs
- come in different lengths
- have a slim fit version for thinner nails
- last for weeks
- are very sturdy
These have lasted hair washes, doing the dishes, bathing the baby and more. A note though on washing my hair with these on is that my hair can get caught beneath the fake nails, or between the nail and crystals that are stuck on. Its slightly annoying but since I dont wash my hair every day, Ill close an eye on that.
I definitely recommend these. If you arent a fan of having long nails, get the short ones youll probably keep them on for longer too. See all the retailers on Shopee or shop directly from the Dashing Diva Official Shopee store.
Dashing Diva Gel Strips Review
Since finding Dashing Diva Gel Strips 2 years ago, I have completely stopped getting nail salon manicures! I dont get much time without kids, so I dont have a ton of extra time to sit at the nail salon every other week. If youre looking for a great solution for a fraction of the cost, I have you covered with Dashing Diva gel strips! Seriously, they work so well and I cant believe how long they stay on. I wanted to share a Dashing Diva gel strips review with you and share some tips that Ive learned while applying them. I also have a discount code that will save you 10% off your purchase. Use code CHELSEA10 for 10% off!
The answer is YES! They work really well, but you need a few times to practice and youll get the hang of it. I was always skeptical of the nail stickers I have seen around. I have been getting my nails done every 2-3 weeks for years and it adds up! Not to mention the time it takes, finding childcare, etc. Dashing Diva Nails make several different colors and styles. They also make press on nails which I havent yet tried. Im so glad I tried Dashing Diva and Im not sure Ill go back to regular gel nails.
You May Like: What Your Nails Tell You About Your Health
What Fake Nails Stay On The Longest
The key to ensuring your fake nails stay on the longest is to make sure they fit correctly. “Using a nail that doesnt fit the arch, aka apex, of your nail will make it pop off too soonif it even lasts,” says Kandalec. She recommends sizing up the actual nail and tapering the sides down to fit.
As mentioned earlier, “always make sure you clean your nails with 91 percent alcohol before applying your press-ons and add a healthy amount of nail adhesive to your nails to make them last longer.” With good application and proper care, press-ons can last up to two weeks, explains Kandalec, adding that they normally last anywhere from five to ten days.
Things I Like About These Nail Stickers:
- There are cool designs to mix and match in each package. On this second manicure I thought I had already used all the marbled strips but of course I found them after I finished.
- Theyre easy to remove. The package instructions say to use a drop of polish remover on them before taking off but honestly? I just peeled them off last time and they were fine.
- Theyre cheap! Other nail strips or stickers Ive tried were between $10-$15, these are $7.99 at Ulta Beauty, and $6.99 at Target.
- You get 34 strips in a package 22 base color, 3 accents with 4 strips a piece. You also get a nail file.
- They have a lot of different designs to pick from, like these:
I also just took a quick peak at my new Allure Beauty Box for this month and there was a set inside there which Im pretty excited about!
Recommended Reading: What Do I Need To Make Gel Nails At Home
Have You Tried These Products Share Below
*Editorial Note: This post was sponsored by Dashing Diva. The compensation received in exchange for placement on The Vanilla Plum is used to purchase props, hire a photographer, write/edit the blog post and support the team behind The Vanilla Plum. Thanks to Dashing Diva and The Vanilla Plum team for bringing this post to life.
While compensation was received in exchange for coverage, all thoughts and opinions are always my own. Sponsored posts like these allow for the development of additional dynamic content to be produced, unsponsored. Thank you for supporting our partners!
- A Beauty Review: Hairdreams Hair Extensions
- 5 Tips for Maintaining Hairdreams
- DIY Luxury Nails: Sparkle and Glam
- Fashion Week 2019 Christian Cowan
Know How To Properly Remove Them
If you go the glue nail route, you should understand that the removal process can damage your nails, similar to the acrylics, dip powder, and gel you get at the salon. “Always make sure to remove your press-on nails correctly improper removallike ripping them offcan lead to long-lasting, brittle nails,” says Kandalec. When it’s time to remove them, follow these steps to prevent as much damage as possible:
Read Also: How To Stop Chewing Your Nails
Glamnetic Rainbow French Tips
Color-blocking isn’t just stylish in clothing right nowâIderstine says that a color-blocked french manicure is totally on-trend. Glamnetic’s press-ons already come ready with a UV finish, so you won’t have to worry about them getting scratched, and the negative space at the bottom means you can totally let them grow out for a bit without anyone knowing the difference. I’ve actually had these on for three weeks and *just* received a compliment on them today.Bonus: Every mirror selfie you take will have a little colorful surprise.
Kit Includes: 24 nails, glue, cuticle stick, file, and nail wipe
Why You Should Use Dashing Diva Nail Guards
Dashing Diva Nail Guards are considered the best nail wraps, and there are several reasons behind it. Here is the reason why you should choose them-
- It is quite inexpensive they typically cost about $12 for a set that includes a couple of manicures.
- The sets can be mixed and matched.
- The process of applying these is pretty quick like, it takes only 10 minutes to apply.
- There is a wide variety of colors and styles available in Dashing Diva Nail Strips.
- If you do not need them, they can be removed easily.
- It is much easier to re-do one nail if the gel strip starts peeling off than to spend a lot of time getting to a nail salon.
Read Also: Hollywood Nails Leland North Carolina
Cons Of Dashing Diva Nail Strips
I really don’t have too many cons to list. Here are a few if I’m being knit picky!
- Some sticky residue can stay on your nail once you peel these off. I can easily remove this with a nail buffer.
- I don’t always use all sizes in the package, so it feels wasteful. A friend suggested cutting them down and using them on their child which I am going to try!
Collection: Shop All Magic Press
- Rated 5.0 out of 53 ReviewsBased on 3 reviewsMagic Press Design
- Rated 5.0 out of 51 ReviewBased on 1 reviewMagic Press Pedicure
- Rated 3.0 out of 52 ReviewsBased on 2 reviewsMagic Press Design
- Rated 2.0 out of 51 ReviewBased on 1 reviewMagic Press Design
- Rated 5.0 out of 51 ReviewBased on 1 reviewMagic Press Design
- Rated 5.0 out of 53 ReviewsBased on 3 reviewsMagic Press Design
- Rated 3.0 out of 51 ReviewBased on 1 reviewMagic Press Design
- Rated 5.0 out of 51 ReviewBased on 1 reviewMagic Press Pedicure
- Rated 4.8 out of 55 ReviewsBased on 5 reviewsMagic Press Design
- Rated 4.0 out of 52 ReviewsBased on 2 reviewsMagic Press Design
- Rated 5.0 out of 52 ReviewsBased on 2 reviewsMagic Press Design
- Rated 5.0 out of 53 ReviewsBased on 3 reviewsMagic Press Premium
Also Check: How To Trim Impress Nails
What Is Byrdie Verified
Did you notice the at the top of this story? This seal means that our team has researched and tested every product on this list using a unique methodology thats designed to focus on what our readers really want to knowand to deliver insights that you cant find anywhere else. Occasionally, beauty brands and PR agencies will send us samples for coverage consideration, but our thoughts and opinions are fully our own. If you visit links within our content, we may receive commissions from your purchases, but we never receive any compensation or consideration for the content of our recommendations. In short, the Byrdie Verified seal stands for product recommendations you can trust.
Kiss Ribbons Gel Fantasy Nails
Our tester liked the mess-free glueless application of these press-on nails. However, the adhesive tabs weren’t an exact fit, and there was no way to trim them down to size. And unfortunately, three nails had popped off just a half-day after applying them. Our tester wasn’t a huge fan of the square shape, either, though this is a matter of personal preference.
Meet the Expert
- Chloe and Chenelle Delgadillo are a celebrity stylist duo. They have a partnership with Claire’s called Styling Hands, which offers tips and advice for nail art and trendy hand embellishments.
You May Like: What Is The Best Quality Nail Polish
Are Color Street Nails Worth The Cost
Not in my opinion unless you just really want the specific design offered by that company.
They are still a nice option and I am all about supporting other women who are trying to make some money for their family with this side hustle.
Tips For Wearing Press
Messicks tip for anyone looking to try press-on nails is simple: Go with a length that youre comfortable with, she advised.
Brodeurs main tip is to use nail shields or guards for an added layer of protection if you have weak or thin nails. Messick also mentioned using nail guards in case you need to take off the nails quickly for any reason because theyll help expedite the process.
If youve never worn press-on nails, Messick says to start with sticky tabs since theyre easy to remove. Try them on get a feel for it. Make sure that youre comfortable with the length and that you can function, she told us.
Messicks final tip: Dont wear press-ons for too long! I personally dont recommend wearing press-on nails for more than five to six days. While you can prep the nail and glue it and have it last for a really long time, because its just something glued to your nail, theres a little more of an opportunity for bacteria and debris to get between your nail and the press-on and that can create some bacterial infections and some not-so-cute green spots on the nail, she said.
Messick recommends these custom press-on nails from Color Camp. Those are going to be a little bit more elite, a little bit more expensive than the other ones Ive mentioned but theyre all handcrafted, she said.
This top-rated option from Amazon has a 4.6-star average and over 4,200 verified five-star ratings. It even comes in scented options including pumpkin spice latte!
Also Check: How Do I Take Off Gel Nail Polish
How Do You Apply Press
Applying press-on nails is a relatively simple task, however, there are a few key tips to ensure they look as real as possible. Kandalec breaks it down for us:
“Make sure to also fit the cuticle area to match your cuticle linenot filing this area is a tell-tale sign that they are fake,” she says.
Dashing Diva Magic Press La Havana
- 1 step to apply Magic Press gel nails. Easy, peel-off removal in seconds.
- Gel shine in no time.
- No glue, no dry time, no damage. Safe on natural nails.
- Quick & Easy – No skill or technique required. Just press on.
- Apply anywhere and anytime.
- Mix and match designs within each set effortlessly.
- Instant high gloss gel effect, nail salon look.
- Nail extension effect. Customisable length.
- Ultralight and comfortable material.
- Length of wear: 5 – 7 days
- These nails are for ONE TIME USE only. DO NOT REUSE WITH NAIL GLUE. You will risk inflammation and contamination if you re-use or use for more than 7 days. Discard after 7 days.
- Avoid contact with water or oil for at least 3 hours after application to allow the adhesive to set.
- Discard immediately after prolonged time in water .
- Give your nails 2 days of rest before applying another set of new Magic Press nails.
- DO NOT wear the Magic Press nails if you have any skin or nail problems like inflammation or nail fungus.
- Keep out of children’s reach due to choking hazard.
- Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. Wash skin with warm water and soap/ hand wash to remove any incidental contamination.
- Adhesive – Acrylates/ Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer
- Prep Pad – Isopropyl Alcohol
How does the delivery process work?
How are items packaged?
My order has been shipped. Now how can I track it?
You May Like: Where Can You Buy Nail Supplies
Reviewing Dashing Diva Nail Strips
Ive established before that Im a fan of nail strips. In fact, Ive reviewed both Color Street and Jamberry in the past. Basically, other than a professional manicure, nail strips are the only way I can have pretty nails. Which bring us to my latest experiment: Dashing Diva Nail Strips.
Color Street was my absolute favorite, but I figured Id give Dashing Diva a try since they were so easy to buy and they were cheaper .
I picked up my first couple sets of Dashing Diva nail strips on a random Target run on impulse. Here are the exact ones I used for my first try: Dashing Diva Rose Sparkle. They also have their own Dashing Diva website with even more options: Dashing Diva Website.
My initial thoughts were that they were a bit more difficult to put on, had less size options than Color Street, and felt kind of plastic. More like a nail sticker than nail polish.
Now that Ive tried a few different packs of strips over the last few months, I have a few additional thoughts:
Putting Them On: I still find them tricky to put on because my nails dont necessary match exactly with their sizing options. However, one trick I found is once you get them on your nail, rather than using the included nail file, I like to use a nail clipper to clip the strip at the very end of my fingernail to get a perfect fit.
Have you tried Dashing Diva nail polish strips? What do you think of them?
Like what you see? Share me with your friends!
Also Check: How To Treat Green Nail Syndrome