Do You Believe In Karma Marketing
Establishing a customer base is vital to a thriving business, but theres more to it than just money, NailNation3000s S. Maria Chheo-Shen says. You get in with a customer and then they become a good friend, and you start learning about these amazing people and their stories. Your product can help someone in a way that you never even thought of, she says.
Chheo-Shen is philanthropic and has donated to and raised awareness for conditions like autism and a rare disease called Chiari malformation, which affects her daughter.
Im donating tons of polish bottles to places for patients and their families to make them feel good, she says. Its not something Im going to go talk about online but thats kind of karma marketing.
I love seeing new brands pop up, even if they surpass me, because I love this industry, she says. It can get cut throat, but with my brand, I want to unify the customers, the novices, and the nail techs.
After years of working as both a nail tech and retail manager, Chheo-Shen took her expertise to nail art forums and began producing tutorials and demos. She unintentionally established a following before her brand even began and now has over 230,000 likes on Facebook.
Today, she fully supports herself through the company, and though she says its a lot of work, she exudes passion and authenticity.
These are Shens tips for getting started in the indie polish world, step-by-step.
Using Eye Shadow And Clear Polish
How Can I Make Nail Polish At Home
Many people ask this question when they are tired of paying high prices for artificial nails.
This is a very common concern especially with the coming fall and winter holidays.
If you want to cut down your expenses for making home-made polish, then you must be aware of different tips that can help you make the best home-made nail polish at home.
Recommended Reading: Where To Buy Incoco Nail Strips
Make Sure You Only Use Products That Are All Natural
This way, you know that there is no risk involved with any of the ingredients do you need to make nail polish.
Products that have chemicals in them can have some pretty scary ingredients in them that you would not want to put near your nail beds where it is possible for the chemicals to get absorbed into your skin.
Remember, your body is going to absorb everything that you put on it, so if it looks like something is toxic, donât use it!
Final Photos + Comments
I really do like this more than most polish I’ve bought! The polish I made from eyeshadow is really matte and shimmery, and it dries quicker than normal polish as well.The glitter polish turned out great as well – just make sure to do a clear top coat over it because craft glitter can be a little chunky. You don’t want the glitter snagging on your clothes/hair/pets/whatever. :DNow we’ll have to see how long it lasts! I ended up doing a base coat of the purple polish I made, covering that with the gold glitter polish, and topping that with a clear top coat. I’ll report back! It’s held up well so far and I’ve had a hot shower and washed a load of dishes since yesterday.POLISH UPDATE: It ended up lasting four days, which is not bad for cheapy nail polish. I think I could have worn it longer – I only had one tiny chip on my right hand! Came off pretty easy too, but the glitter is always tricky. :)COMMENT UPDATE: A few of you have suggested putting either a bb or a glass bead into the bottle to help the polish get mixed. I’m going to do this myself and I think anyone who tries this should do it too. I hadn’t thought of it! 😀
Don’t Miss: Can Guys Take Hair Skin And Nails Vitamins
Here Are Some Of These Tips
The first tip is to shop around for different types of materials.
You can use different kinds of natural materials and other synthetic materials.
These two materials have different properties, so you have to look for them carefully.
The price of each material will also vary greatly.
If you want to save more money, then you can use materials that are readily available at home.
The second tip is to do research for a guide about how to make nail polish at home.
There are many different types of guides that can help you.
Using A Glow Stick To Make Nail Polish Glow
The technique varies, from mixing the contents of the glow stick directly into your polish, to mixing clear topcoat with glow stick liquid in a separate container , to painting your nails with a broken glow stick and then sealing with a top coat .
Don’t try any of these at home. Trust me on this. In the interest of science, I tried them all. Gross. If you decide to go ahead anyway, at least coat your nails with a base coat before applying anything from a glow stick to protect them.
Another internet hoax is glowing Mountain Dew, although here a glow stick can come in handy.
You May Like: How To Hang Canvas Art Without Nails
How To Thin Nail Polish With Hot Water
If you have neither acetone nor thinner, you can use hot water to make your nail polish thinner. This might be the easiest way to do it, yet be aware that it can be the least effective.
- Completely close the nail polish bottle and put it in the bowl with hot water.
- Ensure the water is not boiling otherwise, it can break the bottle, which is usually made of glass.
- Allow the bottle to remain in the water for about two to five minutes.
- Gently roll it between palms to mix the polish inside.
If this wasnt enough, repeat the whole process or mix it with a nail polish thinner.
How To Make Homemade Nail Polish
5. Homemade Nail Polish ~ Create your own nail polish color from crushed eye shadow and clear nail polish.
6. DIY Fancy Nail Polish ~ Learn how to make your own designer nail polish colors. The tutorial shows you how to mix colors together to get your desired effect. And, its only a fraction of the cost of the designer brands.
7. Bleeding Blue Nail Art ~ These amazing ombre bleeding blue nails use a technique called melting. Messy vertical stripes were painted on top of a base coat followed by a darker shade of messy vertical stripes. The color choices are endless.
8. Newspaper Nails ~ Arent these newspaper nails fun and fabulous?! The tutorial shows you how to use newspaper and rubbing alcohol as a rub-on transfer. What will your nails say about you?
Don’t Miss: Which Nail Polish Lasts The Longest
Diy Nail Polish Display
With this rack, you can have your nail polish bottles arranged neatly so you can be able to see all of them and get easy access to all of them when you need them. Explore all your options. You can either use plastic material or wooden material. If you are using glass on the base, you need to be extra careful about the load.
Use A Highlighter To Make Nails Glow Under Black Light
It’s easy to make your nails glow under a black light using fluorescent highlighter pens. Just keep the following points in mind:
- Not all highlighters glow under a black light. Yellow is pretty reliable, but most blue pens don’t glow. Check your pens under a black light before painting your nails — unless you just like the color .
- Highlighter pens will stain the keratin of your fingernails and toenails. Apply a base coat before coloring your nails. Again, if you like having stained nails, go for it.
- The color of the highlighter does not have to match the color of the polish. Just saying.
- It’s easier to get a good coating of highlighter color if you roughen the surface of your nails first. Use an emery board to get a slightly rough surface. Don’t go hog wild or you’ll have nasty-looking nails. An alternative is to use the highlighter to color over a matte or rough polish. Easy peasy.
- Highlight ink is water-soluble, so you need to seal your artwork with a topcoat.
Read Also: Taking Off Shellac
How To Make Nail Polish Yourself:
1. Decide on what type and color nail polish you want to make and gather your ingredients.
2. Add mixing balls to the bottle. Pour the nail polish base of your choice, only filling to just below the shoulder of the bottle. Note: funnels should be used for dry ingredients only. Base liquid might be too thick for it.
3. Place small amounts of colorant or/and glitter into a mixing container and mix until you get the desired shade. You can skip this step if you are only using one color. Using the tunnel add your color mix to the bottle.
Note: If using oxides, do not forget to grind them well or disperse with alcohol before adding to the base.
4. Shake the bottle for a couple minutes to make sure that the color is dispersed evenly.
5. Swatch your nail polish. If you are not happy with the result you can still add more color or glitter. Just do not forget to shake for another couple of minutes.
For a matte finish nail polish:
6. After you have mixed the color and the base well, add some cornstarch and shake again. You will need approximately 4-6 pea-sized scoops. The more you add the more matte your nail polish will be. Try adding a little bit first and swatch to see if you like the result. Keep adding more until you get the perfect look.
If you have any tips for making nail polish please share that in the comment section. I would love to hear from you and Im sure other DIY lovers will love too!
How To Make Natural Nail Polish At Home
Coronavirus lockdown brought a lot of change in our lives! We most definitely didnt envision either predict something like this happening!
People working from home & Non- essential businesses forced to shut down!
Follow these 9 steps & give your nails the attention they deserve!
Stay safe & take care! Cheers, Ivana & Sara
You May Like: How To Treat Green Nail Syndrome
Keep Your False Nails Clean
You should always remove your false nails regularly so that you can keep them looking clean.
It is also recommended to apply an additional layer of polish after every few weeks to keep the products working well.
Make sure that you only use quality products and do not forget to apply an extra coat of polish to protect them.
There are a lot of people who are now trying to avoid expensive professional manicures by making them at home.
Nail Polish Hack #1: Use Stickers To Organize Your Nail Polishes
If youve got a nail polish collection that could rival that of a salon, you can easily organize your stash with a few stickers and swatches. Paint a strip of polish on an adhesive file folder label, punch out a hole, and stick the paint sample on the top of the nail polish bottle. Repeat this for all of your polishes, set them in a box, and store them in a cool, dry place.
You May Like: Does Dollar General Have Nail Polish
Dry Nails Thoroughly Before Applying Polish
After all of the prep work, wash your hands with soap and water and dry them thoroughly before you start painting on the polish. Our nails shrink and expand in water, explains Boyce. Nail polish doesnt stretch with your nails, so when your nails contract after theyve dried with nail polish already on top, you may see that crackle, which leads to chipping.
Supplies You Need To Make Nail Polish
– Empty nail polish bottle
– Mixing balls. You will put them inside the nail polish bottle so you could shake your polish before using it. You need 1-3 balls per bottle depending on the size of the bottle and balls
– Tiny container. This is for mixing dry colorants together. Any little container will do.
– Miniature funnel. This is not necessary but is a big help with placing dry colorants to an empty polish bottle. It makes the process easy and clean. However, you can easily make a little funnel from paper and use that.
– A measuring spoon. Also not necessary but helps and it is a worthy purchase if you are planning to do more handmade beauty products. Nail polish bottles are tiny and they require only a small amount of colorant. When using mica powder you should only add about a pea-size of color. Special cosmetic spoons/scoops make measuring a lot easier. This is not mandatory of course.
Also Check: Vitamin For Nail Fungus
Reapply Top Coat Every Two To Three Days
Its easy to think that once you seal the deal with a top coat, your manicure routine is complete. However, if you really want your nails to sport a fresh out of the salon look, we recommend stepping it up on the maintenance front. Make sure to reapply a top coat every two to three days for long-lasting results. This will help keep pesky chipped nails and peeling polish at bay.
Glowing Powder To Make Glow In The Dark Nails
Get a more subtle, interesting glow in the dark effect by using glowing glitter, powder, or shapes with your nail polish. A craft store is the best place to find one of these items, although glowing powder is also a cosmetic. You can be creative and try any small, flat shape.
You May Like: Para Que Sirve Fungi Nail
Why Make Diy Nail Polish
Did you know that most conventional nail polish contains toxic chemicals that can have an impact on your endocrine system? Its important to learn the facts and read the labels so you can be an informed consumer.
There are a few ingredients that you should be mindful of if choosing to purchase conventional off-the-shelf nail polish or using nail polish at most salons. Also, you need to know that there is some new labeling that you may see noted as 3 free and 5 free, which claims they do not contain some of the three to five toxins that many others do. Here are those worst offenders:
Tip: Avoid Soaking Nails In Hot Water
A hot bath might be tempting, especially during the cold winter months, but be careful not to let your nails sit too long under the bubbles. When your nails have been submerged in very hot water for long periods of time, it can allow moisture to seep underneath the polish, causing it to start peeling off, explains Tong. After learning all of this info, you may still have one question: Whats the perfect color? Trends aside, that really depends on your preference, of course, but you might be interested to learn what your nail polish color reveals about you.
You May Like: Does Hongo Killer Nail Formula Work