How Long Do They Last
I asked on Instagram, and the majority of people said they usually last up to 10 days for them. There were a few people who said they only lasted a few days. But most people said that if you rough up your nails a little and dont get them wet for a few hours after putting them on, that they will last for 10-14 days.
A few of mine fell off during the 10 days I wore them, but I found it was really simple to either put on a replacement nail or glue the nail back on with nail glue.
How To Use Impress Nails
Buy From Recent Nail Collections
imPRESS comes out with new collections on a pretty regular basismaybe even monthly, Im not 100% sure. I just know its April now and I see some of the same styles on their site from March, with a few new ones.
And when I first started buying press-on nails from them back in November they had all the cute holiday styles available. Anyways, my point is that since theyre constantly coming out with new designs, sometimes popular designs go out of stock fast.
Ive also tried ordering some designs on eBay when theyre no longer available on the imPRESS website, Walmart, Target, Ulta, etc. Ive found some really cute ones on eBay like these hot pink with leopard accent nails .
However, I will say that Ive noticed their older designs chip easier, and the newer designs from more recent collections last a lot longer. That doesnt mean you shouldnt buy the older designs if theres a style you really love, but just manage your expectations and know that older ones may only last you a week, rather than two weeks.
Which again is not necessarily a bad thingsometimes after a week Im ready to pop my nails off and try a new style.
Read Also: How To Get Gel Nail Polish Out Of Clothes
How Long Do Impress Nails Last
Impress Nails typically stay on for about 5-7 days. After a week, I am ready to change colors and styles anyways so this works fine for me. You may have varying results depending on how hard you are on your nails. For some people Ive noticed the length can be longer or shorter.
Make sure to still wash your hands well, getting underneath nails to avoid any germs and bacteria. Even though these nails arent super long, I still spend extra time washing around the sides and underneath.
Best Range Of Finishes: Marmalade
Courtesy of Marmalade
Sure, you can go with a more standard glossy or matte shades, but this brand earns big points for offering an array of other options. Were talking sheer jelly colors, multi-dimensional iridescent hues, and high shine chromes. There are also accent nails boasting real Swarovski crystals, and unique nail art picks as well.
Also Check: Dollar General Press On Nails
Kiss Fantasy Gel Nail Cons
The cons for the KISS Fantasy Gel Nails is that the first day I put the nails on a nail fell off a few hours later. The adhesive comes in a package as you can choose to use the nail glue or adhesive tape. Again this review is on just using the adhesive tape* not the nail glue. I changed the adhesive tape on the thumb nail. The next day the other thumb nail came loose and I had to replace the adhesive again. On day 3 I felt another nail came loose and so I just removed the nail and added a new adhesive. I decided to try these nails over a long weekend in which I had no plans. I did not want to be out and about and have a nail go missing! Embarrissing! Overall the nails are very thin which look natural but sort of look like acrylic. The nail lays right into your natural nail without popping off. These were also a bit longer and very easy to remove. The adhesive on these are not as strong as the imPRESS nails but I was able to do dishes and clean, etc. without the nails falling off.
How To Apply Impress Nails
The box makes it seem really easy to apply these nails. Clean, Peel, Stick!
BUTTT theres a little more that goes into applying imPRESS nails correctly and of course, the upkeep of maintaining them.
First, trim and file down your nails so they are smooth and at your desired length. My thumbnail was brittle so I filed it down to be more smooth so the fake nail could adhere better. Then, clean your nail with the wipe that comes in.
When it comes time to apply a nail, use the size that fits best. There are little numbers on each nail to signal which size they are but I found it much easier to just hold up an imPRESS nail to my own to see what one fits the best. When in doubt, go with the smaller size.
Then, stick em on! Start by pressing down in the middle of the nail and then rolling your finger to the edges to really make sure its stuck on. Do this for both of your hands and make sure to have fun with the patterns!
When all the nails are applied, take a clear gel polish and coat the underside of each nail. This is SUPER important for helping the fake nail adhere to your own and maintaining this underside coat of clear polish helps the nails stay on longer.
Wait an hour and then use a nail clipper to trim down the fake nails, as theyll be really long. The pack does come with a small nail file but I found it kind of useless, so I used my own. After about 10 minutes of trimming and sculpting, my nails were ready! Woohoo!
Recommended Reading: How Do I Get Nail Polish Out Of Clothes
Are They Hard To Take Off
I was wondering if it would be hard to take them off. It wasnt. I just pulled on each of them a little at the end of the 10 days and was able to easily get them off. I know some people talked about soaking theirs off. I didnt need to do that. But mine were also starting to come off some at the end of 10 days.
My Experience With Impress Nails Has Been Great
Ive been wearing Impress Nails for about the last couple of years on and off and they work perfectly for what I need. I consider it my tried and true method for achieving a perfect manicure every time. And these are not your moms press-on nails from the 80s, promise! LOL!
If theres any drawback, the ridges can get stuck from time to time. If you run your fingers through your hair a lot, your strands can occasionally get stuck near the ridges by your nail beds, which is hard to get used to at first.
I love the modern short, square shape, and they look more natural to me compared to other longer glue-on nails. Theres a large selection of widths, so if you have wide or skinny nail beds, there are lots of options to fit any nail size.
Its also worth noting if you want to skip the accent-colored nail designs, there are enough nails to keep them all the same color.
Note: This is not a sponsored post. I am just sharing my honest product review with you as Im loving this cheap and quick way for me to get by nails lookin like I just got a manicure!
You May Like: How To Get Wet Nail Polish Out Of Clothes
How To Reuse Press
Another great thing about press-on nails is that you can reuse them. I would recommend using the cuticle oil or non-acetone nail polish remover when you take them off if you plan to reuse, however, as acetone will eat away at the acrylic.
Its also important to note that kits normally come with 20+ different nails. That means that even if you used half of the box, you can keep the rest of the nails to mix and match with other sets in the future.
Compare With Similar Items
|This itemKISS imPRESS Color Press-On Manicure, Gel Nail Kit, PureFit Technology, Short Length, âAll Blackâ, Polish-Free Solid Color Mani, Includes Prep Pad, Mini File, Cuticle Stick, and 30 Fake Nails|
|4.3 out of 5 stars||4.3 out of 5 stars||4.5 out of 5 stars||4.3 out of 5 stars||4.5 out of 5 stars||4.2 out of 5 stars|
|30 Count||1 Bottle||0.27 Fl Oz||28 Piece Assortment|
4.3 out of 5 stars
Recommended Reading: How To Remove Gel Nail Polish From Natural Nails With Sugar
Biography Sculpture Gel Polish
7. Biography Sculpture Gel One of the greatest issues relating to utilizing a gel nail gloss is that nails could end up being weak as well as breakable gradually. Nevertheless, Bio Sculpture Gel thought of a remedy: a formula that advertises the stamina and also health and wellness of nails. The odor-free gels are utilized without a skim coat, guides or bonders, and also marginal buffing, every one of which assists nails to expand more powerful. Biography Sculpture Gel items have been available in the versatile, tool, and also solid surfaces, over 180 shades, and also could be gotten rid of securely with saturating. The elimination procedure typically takes 10 to 20 mins and also could be performed in a beauty salon or in your home.
Impress Nails Vs Kiss Fantasy Nails Review
Love getting your nails done but hate spending time and money at the salon? Worst part of all gel nails and acrylic nails ruin your nails. Sometimes you just want to wear fake nails for an event, party or get together. I personally do not like using nail glue and prefer the adhesive nail tape. Easy removal!
I am going to give you my review on two press on nails I use: The imPress Nails and KISS gel fantasy nails.
Don’t Miss: What’s The Best Polygel Nail Kit
What Are The Benefits Of Press
- First of all, press-on nails are extremely affordable! Prices average at about $8 per set, though you can certainly dish out closer to $20 for a set of Static Nails.
- It takes me less than 10 minutes to prep my nails and apply the falsies which makes getting ready for an even a snap Having said that, you might take longer the first couple of times, but not by much.
- They leave my nails healthier than before
- They are super-duper easy to remove without causing any nail damage.
- My favorite thing about press-on nails though is the wide variety of designs and colors to choose from.
Essie Gel Couture Gloss
10. Essie Gel No gel nail gloss brand names checklist would certainly be total without Essie. Essie Gel Couture includes a simple two-step gel procedure, guaranteeing that best damages and also chip-free manicure for as much as 14 days. Among the reasons that this is such a terrific at-home gel system is since it does not need an LED or UV light for healing. Furthermore, the one-of-a-kind gloss brush swirl style makes sure ideal shade protection. Despite whether you are an expert manicurist, a beauty salon expert or a nail fanatic, you are bound to locate a premium item impress one step gel nails where to buy that is not just advertises that stunning, lasting, as well as healthy and balanced manicure, yet that is likewise budget-friendly as well as readily available in the shade of your selection.
Recommended Reading: Does Vitamin E Kill Nail Fungus
How To Apply Press
Press-on nails come in kits which include either nail glue, double-sided glue gel strips, or your fake nails might already have an adhesive strip applied to them.
Each set comes with instructions explaining how to put on fake nails. It is actually quite easy.
Even if your kit comes with an adhesive, I recommend buying additional nail glue to have on hand. Below are the steps to give yourself a press-on manicure using one of these kits:
What Dont You Like About Impress Nails
As I mentioned above, I still have to get used to the feeling of something heavy on my nail, but this is only a problem for the 3 fingers I have a studded nail design on.
Also, as I chat about in my video, before I re-applied a new coat of clear gel on the underside, a couple of my fake nails were ever so slightly detaching from my nail. Not enough to notice BUT it turned into a hair trap. As in, everything I ran my fingers through my hair, a strand would be trapped under my fake nail.
But thats literally the only thing I have to complain about. I love my imPRESS nails and will be using these for many years to come!
I hope this helps you decide if imPRESS nails are for you! If you have thoughts to add or more reviews, leave a comment below so everyone can see. Id especially love to hear from you if you have swum in the ocean or a pool with these nails on! Did they still stick?
If you have any questions, leave a comment or DM me on Instagram and Ill be happy to help!
Other Beauty + Review Posts You May Like
Don’t Miss: Does Dollar General Have Nail Polish
How To Remove Press
You can take off press-on nails without damage without much difficulty if you just follow a few easy steps. The one thing you should never do is try to physically pull them off.
Below I will outline the 3 easiest and best ways to get faux nails off and remove glue residue while keeping your digits healthy.
Pro Tip #2
Where To Buy Impress Christmas Nails
Where to buy impress christmas nails, New and hottest designs are increasingly being released by authorities so An increasing number of women can follow the streak of nail artwork. These days I’m unfolding before you 12 easy 3D nail art designs, ideas, trends & stickers.
Also Check: How Do You Get Dip Nails Off Quickly
Where To Buy Impress Nails
Find out where to buy impress nails?
Everyone knows that online you can purchase impress nails at low costs instead of local shops or malls.
You should know that the deal of impress nails if you buy on the Web varies depending on the type and deal of the time.
Youve probably noticed that whoever chooses to buy on the Internet has the chance to save a lot on their monthly purchases.
Few know that the item shipping takes place with an express courier in less than 48 h or regular post service in about 4 days based on where you are located.
When you buy impress nails on a store youll also find reviews from other clients to check out the specifics of the product avoiding possible scams and mostly if the seller is honest.
Here Are My Best Tips For The Impress Nails Application:
- When picking a nail for each finger, pick a size thats the exact width of your nail or slightly smaller. They will stay on longer if not touching your skin on the side of the nail.
- Make sure to use the alcohol wipe that comes with the packet to clean nails before applying Impress Nails.
- To get the most natural look, take the tab off, and press it right up to and under your cuticle.
- For best adhesion, spend a few minutes just pressing the nails to your nails, going along each finger and pressing. I will sometimes apply mine while watching TV, and just keep pressing for awhile.
- Apply them before bed! Then they will set up better while sleeping since you wont be using your hands. I noticed that Im more likely to have them stay on longer when I do that.
- File the ends a bit if there are rough spots after application. Theres a small nail file that comes in the kit, but its good to have a bigger size on hand.
- Be careful with your nails. I still take a hot bath every night and do lots of dishes, but Im careful not to use my nails to open things.
- If a nail pops off, keep some nail glue on hand, and apply a couple of drops to put it back on.
- Removal is actually pretty easy. Peel them off starting at the sides, and the glue comes off pretty easily. I never use acetone or anything.
Great for young teens, too!
Check out the fun storage idea my sidekick Mary has for her Impress Nails!
Also Check: Does Hydrogen Peroxide Help Toenail Fungus