Best For Little Ones: John Lewis & Partners’ Ergonomic Baby Nail Clippers
- John Lewis & Partners Ergonomic Baby Nail Clippers, £4 from John Lewis – buy here
Nails grow fast: like really fast. It’s therefore really important to keep an eye on your little ones’ nailsbut of course, you’ll want to do it safely.
John Lewis has come up with a great option here, with ergonomically-shaped nail clippers suitably for tiny nails on fingers and toes.
Promising to be ideal for babies, including newborns, they feature comfy soft grip handles.
And as one reviewer notes: “They’re so good and take a lot of the anxiety out of cutting little baby finger nails.”
Features Of A Best Toenail Clippers For Seniors
- Design Easy to use design with an easy-grip handle.Safe to use and will not cause damage or accidents to the toe or toenail. Designed to handle thickened and brittle nails in elderly persons. Wider Jaw design for more effective and heavy-duty toenail clipping. The design should allow for cutting thickened, hardened, ingrown, and fungal-infected toenails that may be quite hard to cut.
- Materails Heavy-duty stainless steel. Medical-grade stainless steel is the best quality material used in a toenail clipper for seniors.
- Handle Long handle design in some models for easy reaching. The handle can be rubberized for non-slip options and ergonomic for easy handling. The handle should allow for both right and left-hand use in senior individuals.
- Safety A safety clip to close the blades for storage and traveling. Safe and easy to use design with sharp and comfortable blades to use.
Cleanhouse Pets Dog And Cat Nail Clippers
- Safety guard
- Safety lock
CleanHouse Pets smart nail clipper is a plier-style tool that can make a cat owners home scratch-free by trimming their picky mates nails. Without good quality blades, a trimmer is useless that is why it has stainless steel blades that retain their sharpness for several years even after continuous usage. Blades are corrosion-free and cut spikes precisely without crushing or splitting them. Safety guard prevents any accidental injury that harms animals by overcutting the spike. We were quite affected by the design of this tool as it is extremely simple and elegant while giving effective results.
CleanHouse Pet cat toenail clippers also have a safety lock that does not make this tool cause any injuries to pets or kids while you are not around. When a person locks it, they cannot lay their hands on blades preventing any misfortunate incident. Weighing only 1.76 ounces and having 6.14 x 2.52 x 0.67 inches, it doesnt cause any fatigue to users hands. Besides, it is available at a highly affordable price with many amazing features and is one of the best grooming equipment for cats. Along with this, it also comes with a lifetime warranty making it more special and useful.
Read Also: How To Trim Color Street Nails
Nail Clipper Sets To Avoid
The following nail clipper sets fell short in one way or another.
- Clyppi Nail Clipper Set Average nail clippers at best. For the quality offered they are overpriced. Their nearest competitor is the Harperton Klipit which outperformed them in every single way.
- Klhip Classic Clipper Set You may be surprised to find we dont recommend a Klhip product. Its not that these are not great clippers, they are. But Klhip has simply rebranded Kais 003 nail clippers with a different handle. You can pick these nail clippers up at half the price by purchasing them separately. They dont even come in a case. Not recommended.
- Three Swords Basic Line Not bad nail clippers for the price. However the gap between the blades was much smaller than other nail clippers. They also left nails a little more coarse than we would have liked.
- Trim Fingernail and Toenail Clipper set These are just your dollar drugstore clippers packaged together at a premium price. Blunt blades and poor workmanship there is nothing to like about these nail clippers.
- Tweezerman Deluxe Nail Clipper Set Barely better than drugstore clippers. The was a gap betweent he blades with the jaws closed and the cut left our fingernails with rough edges. The black handle scratched and chipped quickly and bent too much when compressed. All round poor quality.
Gobetter Nail Clippers Set
For the price I was just hoping for a decent set of clippers. These delivered and more, notes one Amazon customer. The GOBETTER Nail Clipper Set features a curved clipper and straight clipper, thats great for both adults and kids. The set also comes in a little pouch, so you can keep them together easily.
You May Like: Hongo Cura Reviews
Pieces Oversized Thick Nail Clippers Wide Jaw Nail Cutter For Thick Toenails And Fingernails
- Pointed edges: made of quality stainless steel, the sturdy and pointed clippers with double curved edges work well especially for precise trimming fingernails and toenails, providing your nails a tidier look without too many efforts.
- Package contents: come with 2 pieces toenail clippers in 2 sizes for better trimming, the larger one measures 9 x 2 cm/ 3.
- Anti-slip performance: reinforced clipper handle creates more strength and leverage which can lessen your efforts, even for thick nails, with considerate handle design allows the clipper to cradle your fingers, making it easier to control and bringing you more confident clip, good grip and non-slip action, comfortable to use.
- Wide jaw opening: features 180 degree wide jaw opening, the oversized nail clipper can open up to 15 mm/ 0.
- Widely applicable: fingernail toenail clipper can be applied to nail salons and home-use by youth, men, women, seniors, etc.
Q: Should Toenail Clippers Be Straight Or Curved
A: There is a slight bias towards curved nail clippers over straight nail clippers. Curved nail clippers are seen to match the natural curved of the nail. While this can be useful and curved clippers offer a slight measure of extra control, straight nail clippers benefit from advanced precision. When choosing nail clippers, always select the ones you feel most comfortable with and are best suited to your needs.
Best Nail Clipper Set
A nail clipper set will consist of two different nail clippers. One for your finger nails and one for your toe nails.
Nail clipper sets are generally cheaper than buying the two separately and are a great solution to those of you who want a matching pair of nail clippers for both your fingers and toes.
Another advantage of nail clipper kits is that they will often come with a carry case, making them ideal for gifting.
Note We focused on sets that ONLY featured nail clippers. Any sets that contained scissors, cuticle pushers etc. were disregarded.
Some Toenail Clipping Challenges Seniors Face
Toenail Clipping can become quite a challenge as you age, for many reasons, here are only a few
- Thick and Hard To Cut Toenails This is a widespread problem as we age, that your toenails become thickened and very hard to cut.
- Difficulty in Reaching Your Toes As you age, it becomes much harder to reach your toes, as immobility and other abilities and limitations in dexterities set in.
- Arthritic Hands Many seniors have arthritis, which may affect their hands, making it quite challenging to hold and operate a nail clipper in the first place.
- Toe Deformities Whether Arthritic conditions or Bunions or even Hammertoes among many toe deformities and issues can be pretty challenging to handle your toes and toe clip them.
- Overweight Some older persons may struggle with weight issues, and excess weight can make it more difficult to bend and reach your toes. In this case, there is another excellent reason to invest in the long-handled toenail clipper, which makes the reach much more accessible.
Also Check: Nail Polish Color Meaning Tiktok
Before There Were Nail Clippers
The first patent for a clamp-style fingernail clipper was granted in 1881, although the first trimmer invented by a fellow named Valentine Fogerty was more of a circular nail file, rather than a standard clipper.
Before that, fingernail clippers resembled paring knives more than anything else. In fact, references to nail trimming in the 19th century referred to paring the nails, not clipping them.
In other words, you pared your nails in a way that closely resembled peeling an apple. Doesnt sound like a lot of fun, to be honest.
Of course, theres always the old tried-and-true method of biting your nails . Although research is sketchy, nail-biting probably dates to the earliest cave-dwellers.
Beddingcat Nail Clippers Buying Guide
Our job does not end at providing you with a list of some of the best cat grooming clippers that are currently available. In fact, let us tell you more about using a kitty nail trimmer, taking care of it, and important features to look for while buying this tool. Everything you need to know about a pet nail clipper is present in our buying guide that will help you select the best one for your pet.
Also Check: Nail Envy Opi How To Use
Szqht Ultra Wide Jaw Opening Nail Clippers Set
If you’re working with some particularly thick nails especially toenails you may need a little extra breathing room between the blades. The stainless steel jaws on this durable nail clipper open 15mm wide, and the handle is reinforced for extra strength as they bite down and slice your toughest nails. The extra-wide, extra-long arm is also ergonomically designed to provide a steady and comfortable grip.
Promising review: My big toe got injured a few years ago and the nail had since turned into a thick monstrosity to the point where I would avoid going barefoot anywhere. My regular nail clipper couldn’t fit around the sheer girth of this nuisance nail. Finally it got into my head that there must be a nail clipper developed big enough for this kind of thing, so I ordered this bad boy and it worked perfectly.Jason Krueger
Eoocoo Dog & Cat Pets Nail Clippers
- Cute design
- Safety lock
EooCoos cat nail trimmer has a stylish and simplest design among most scissor-style clippers. It has all the essential features of a good cat grooming tool. Sharp stainless steel blades trim spikes precisely in just one stroke without splitting or crushing them. It is available in 2 sizes, and you can choose anyone according to a felines claw size. Handles and finger rest with a rubber coat assures a no-slip user experience. This prevents any injuries to users while their pets stay fuzzy during the process of trimming.
EooCoos trimmer weighs only 2.4 ounces by measuring 6.7 x 3 x 0.3 inches allowing people to use it for a longer period of time without any discomfort. Thanks to its safety lock system, parents can stop their kids or pets from opening it. Blades have semicircular edges that help in cutting spikes precisely without overcutting them. Moreover, it also comes with a nail file that you can use to shape the spikes after trimming them. This product is available at a very affordable price at Amazon and other online shopping portals. This clipper is not only just for cats, as dogs, ferrets, rabbits, chinchillas, hamsters, etc., too, can have their spikes cut with it.
Don’t Miss: Los Angeles County Nail Salons Reopen
Things To Consider When Buying Nail Clippers
You are sure that you need nail clippers for enhancing your hygiene and making your fingers presentable with trimmed nails. What you might not know is the information about the critical factors that will influence your decision about buying a specific product. This section will touch base with all those crucial factors to make your selection of nail clippers easy.
Best Budget: Four Paws Magic Coat Professional Series Cat Nail Clipper
Suitable for cats of all ages
Also appropriate for small dogs
Made in China
While there are a lot of cheap cat nail clippers out there, too many exercise poor quality control and cut corners, making them unpleasant to use. Four Paws Magic Coat Professional Series Cat Claw Clippers are a major exception, offering budget clippers that professional groomers wouldn’t be embarrassed to deploy.
The Four Paws scissor-style clippers have a stainless steel surgical cutting edge, ensuring long-lasting sharpness. The molded handle and simple design helps you work quickly to lessen your cat’s discomfort. Plus, the clippers feature rounded safety tips to prevent accidental poking.
Also Check: Best Polygel Kit
Bestope Finger And Toe Nail Clippers Set
What Makes It Great
Made from robust and hygienic stainless steel, these clippers take no effort to use, cutting cleanly, and leaving no jagged edges.The blades are curved, resulting in a neat, rounded cut that needs no trimming or tidying.
The clippers themselves are ergonomically designed, include an anti slip lever which works really well, and a ring to hang them from your keyring, if you wish.
Where It Could Be Improved
If these included a nail file, they would be getting 10/10.
If youre looking for a great set of clippers, Bestope have made one. Tough, effective and budget friendly, these are just perfect!
Core Will Stainless Steel Nail Clipper Set With Glass Nail File
This is an apt nail clipping set for both toenails and fingernails. This one comes with one large clipper, one small clipper, and a separate file as well. This makes it a perfect option for the whole family. This also gives an option to use separate clippers for toenails and fingernails. As a result, you will be doing yourself a favor to avoid any chances of fungal infections and other health risks. Both the nail clippers are productive with sharpened blades and they look stylish in their design as well. The strong grade-420 stainless steel is used in its construction. The extra hardness is there through a heated process that offers nails clipping with precision.
- It is made from top quality stainless steel.
- The blades are extra sharpened for smooth and precise clipping.
- The product comes with a separate glass nail file.
- You will get this in a stylish looking leather pouch for easy storage and carrying.
- The glass nail file is a bit too big and it could leave behind black color on your fingers.
Also Check: How To Take Off Powder Nails At Home
Seki Edge Vs Harperton The Best Nail Clippers
A common task on our monthly grooming checklists include trimming our nails. Establishing a good personal hygiene routine is an important part of life that can help reduce the risk of multiple health conditions. Alongside a good personal hygiene routine are the products we use to help us achieve that.
Nail clipper patents started in 1875, but it is unclear on who invented the modern nail clipper. Before modern nail clippers, different methods of trimming nails included knives, biting, and other specialty tools. Lucky for us, we have modern stainless steel nail clippers that can get the job done quickly.
Best Guillotine: Resco Original Dog Cat And Pet Nail/claw Clippers
Resco has been making nail clippers since 1937
If not used properly, they can crush the nail instead of cutting it cleanly
Most of us would prefer that the word guillotine wasnt associated with our cats delicate claws, but it’s an apt description for this effective cutting design, which works a little like a cigar cutter. If kept properly sharpened, the guillotine mechanism makes quick, clean cuts. Plus, there’s only one blade that ever needs replacing or sharpening.
We like the Resco Deluxe Cat Nail Trimmer for a number of reasons. Very few cat nail trimmers are made in the United States, but Resco has been making American-made, quality tools since 1937. Unlike most other cat nail clippers, Rescos clipper contains no plastic parts, plus the blade is replaceable. Each pair comes with a limited lifetime warranty and the deluxe version includes comfortable, non-slip handle grips.
“I have owned and used a larger pair for many years. Weve only needed to sharpen them once and the spring-action design has enabled a consistently smooth, quick cut without fail. This smaller size in red is also appropriate for use with birds, lizards, ferrets, bunnies and other small animals fewer than ten pounds.”Lorraine Wilde, Spruce Pets Contributer
Don’t Miss: How To Take Out Contacts With Long Acrylic Nails
Gorilla Grip Professional Pet Nail Clippers And File
- Safety stop
- Nail file
Gorilla Grips premium cat nail trimmer has a lot of useful features in it, grabbing its position in this best safe cat nail clippers list. It has 3.5 mm thick stainless steel blades that cut spikes precisely without splitting or crushing them. Moreover, those blades do not lose their sharpness even when used for several years. Integrated safety stop enables you to cut spikes up to a specific length without causing any injury to your fur buddies. This accessory is extremely easy to use because of its simple and unique design. Being highly durable, we recommend it for commercial purposes too.
One thing that thrilled us very much is silicone grip handles. By featuring such handles, Gorilla Grips premium cat spike trimmer offers maximum grip. Hence, no more disastrous events of trimmers getting slipped out of hands. In addition, it is compact, measuring 8.4 x 2.7 x 0.4 inches, with a weight of only 5.6 ounces. The one-click slide lock is an additional safety feature in the tool that makes it safe around children and pets when not in use. Included nail clippers with file delivers a perfect shape to a pets claws, making them blunt enough not to cause any damage.
Tseoa Manicure And Pedicure Nail Clipper Kit
If you’re looking to take your mani-maintenance to the next level, this low-cost, high-value, 12-piece manicure and pedicure set is where its at. Packed in an incredibly slim case is a fingernail clipper, toenail clipper, diagonal nail clipper, multi-purpose scissor, cuticle trimmer, ear pick, single-edged double-sided push stick, eyebrow tweezer, peeling knife, nail file, V-shaped push stick, and in case all that wasnt enough a blackhead needle with loop remover. For those who take pride in having neat, trim, healthy-looking fingers and toes , this set has all you need.
Promising review: “I keep this in my gym bag with the rest of my Martial Arts gear. It has everything needed to keep the nails clean and trimmed. Plus, I am always finding other uses for the things in it. The tools and case are high quality and very functional.” Edwin D
Don’t Miss: Why Do Color Street Nails Crack