Buff And File Your Nails
To get the best result, file and buff your nails before applying the color strip. Shape your nails into your desired size and use a file and buffer to smoothen nails.
Remember that color street is not a nail extension process. It is a process of coloring your nails. Prepare the nails with the prep pad that is included with the color street nail strip. And then, your nails are ready to apply the color strip.
How To Apply Lily & Fox Nail Wraps
Lily & Fox nail wraps are the fastest, easiest way to get the perfect manicure at home. The are completely self-adhesive and don’t require any heat to activate. Start with clean hands, choose the right size for your nail, stick it, make sure it is on snug by pushing it down with a cuticle pusher or even simply, your finger! File away the excess, and you’re all set!
If you’d like to extend the life of your nails from 1-2 weeks to 3-4 weeks, you can apply a top coat . With our patented high gloss wraps, your nails will look gorgeous without any top coat required!).See below for detailed steps **You can apply our nail wraps onto any type of nail, whether that is a bare nail, polish, gel, Shellac, SNS, or acrylics.
How To Apply Color Street Nails Strips
You can use soft nail cuticle pusher to gently push back your cuticles then use a nail file buffer polishing block to file and buff your nails to allow the nail strips grip tightly. Its time to open the color street nail package which contains a small nail file, two prep pods and 16 long lasting double ended strips with a variety of sizes.
First you must clean your nails using a prep cloth to get rid of oils before applying it, next choose the strip size that works best for your nails, next remove the top cover film, next peel the polish strip and gently tear the tab, next apply the strip in the nail middle above the cuticle line and press gently from the bottom to the top of the nail then remove the excess gently by file or remove with fingernail.
Don’t Miss: How To Care For Brittle Nails
Break Apart From The Excess Strip
The color strip is not the same size as the nail. You will find the excess parts of the strip that you have to break away.
Gently fold the excess strip over the nail with your finger or use a file to tear away the excess part. Be very careful to tear away the excess part because the nail strip on the nail may rip.
How Do You Apply Color Street Nails
Read Also: Where To Buy Dashing Diva Press On Nails
How Do I Make My Color Street Last Longer
This question is like the holy grail of Color Street problems. Everyone wants to know how to make their manicures last longer and its not specific to just Color Street users either. Following all the tips above as well as some others here, youll get good longevity. However, there are always things you can do to even enhance that.
Always make sure your strips are at room temp before application to avoid Color Street problems. If theyre cold they will be brittle and will not want to stick to your nail. Make sure to always push your cuticles back and apply the Color Street strips to the nail ONLY! If you have any of the strip on the skin or cuticle the strip will eventually lift and chip off. If youre using liquid top coat always remember to cap the tip which means to apply nail polish over the tip the nail to seal it all above and below.
Let me know what other Color Street problems you come across! I want to help you get the best out of this amazing nail polish.
Things We Dont Like About Color Street Nails
- It seems that you can only buy Color Street Nails from a Color Street Rep. So you cannot buy them directly from the store. Luckily, there are tons of Color Street Reps in lots of different areas. To find one, we recommend putting a post in your local Facebook group to see if anyone is close to you! Otherwise, there are other services online that can put you in touch with someone.
- If you do not remove them properly, they can do some damage to the surface of your real nails. Since they are made with 100% nail polish, they should be removed with nail polish remover. If you peel them off instead, they can crack or slightly damage your real nails.
Read Also: What To Do For Splitting Nails
How To Apply Color Street Nails
I want to give you just a brief description of application process for Color Street nails so you know a bit about how they work. Then, Ill get to the pros and cons.
These are just the basic steps for application. If you want a more detailed explanation then check out Color Streets instruction page. There are plenty of tips and tricks for applying Color Street to your nails. My Color Street stylist shares things like that on her if you want to check it out.
What Is Color Streets Return Policy
You can return your Color Street order within 30 days of purchase as long as the items are in original condition and have their original packaging. Exchanges have a 60-day policy and the same rules apply.
To start a return or exchange, download the return form on the brands site, fill it in, and send it along with your return order to the address specified in the document.
You May Like: What Kind Of Nails For Hardie Siding
How Long Do Color Street Nails Last
Color Street nails are no-chip and last for 10 days, but the length of your manicure depends on your lifestyle. If you work with your hands or wash dishes constantly, you may find your manicure wont last the full 10 days.
Once you peel off the protective strip, because Color Street nails are real nail polish, theyll begin to dry out. Make sure that when you remove the cover youre ready to use the strip.
Color Street Tips For Easiest Removal
Nail strips can do damage to your nails if not removed in the right way. Here are our Color Street tips for the easiest, healthiest removal.
- Use an acetone free nail polish remover. Color Street nail strips are made well, and made to stay put, so it can take a lot of remover to get them off. Nail polish remover with acetone can be very drying to your nails. We recommend you go acetone free. Mineral Fusion would be our first choice.
- Nail clips are awesome. Using nail clips can save the skin on your finger tips, and your nail polish remover. They hold remover in place right on the nail, so you dont have to sit with your nails in a whole bowl of remover, or so you dont have to spend your precious time holding remover on one nail at a time.
- White felt sheets work great with nail clips. Why pay for nail polish remover pads? White felt sheets can be cut to size, and work great for holding your polish remover with your nail clips. You can get individual sheets at craft store, or get a set of sheets that will last you a LONG time here.
- NEVER peel off your nail strips! As stated above, Color Street nail polish strips are made well, and made to really stick to your nail. This means you never want to just peel it off. If you do this, you will most likely pull off some of the nail as well, and your nails will get brittle.
Recommended Reading: What To Do For Peeling Nails
How To Fix Tip Wear On Color Street
Color Street is made from 100% nail polish and is 95% dry at application. On occasion you will notice that as they cure there is a little bit of shrinkage which can look like wear at the tip of your nail . Here are a few tips to help avoid it happening and how to fix it when it does.
- When applying the nail strip be sure to fold the polish over the nail and break it away without pulling. You want to score the polish strip with your fingernail or a file first and then remove it.
- Try leaving a little bit of the polish folded under the nail for at least 30 minutes to prevent the polish from pulling back while it cures. You can then file in a downward motion to remove the extra polish.
- Apply them at night right before you go to bed so that they can fully cure without the risk of water or heat exposure before they are fully dry.
Mistake #: Not Using A Rubber
If your first set of Color Street was a glitter, then you have experienced how foolproof and forgiving applying a Color Street manicure can be.; If you have heard that applying Color Street solids is hard to do then Ill let you in on a little secret.
You need one of these a rubber-tipped cuticle pusher.; Sure, you can prep your nails by using it to push down your cuticles, but the real power of this simple little tool lies in its ability to cleanly yet gently press solid nail polish strips onto your fingers.; If you have struggled to press out wrinkles be sure the nail strip makes it all the way to the edge, then try this simple tool to make it much easier.
You May Like: What Is The Best Sally Hansen Nail Strengthener
Battle Of The Nail Polish Strips: Color Street Vs Lily And Fox
Lauren is a busy mother of two magnificent children and loves music, food, and experimenting with her hairstyle.
When I first began my foray into nail polish strips, there were few reviews on Color Street and none on Lily and Fox. So I decided to review and compare both companies so that others could be informed before they buy.
Apply The Stickers To Your Nails
Then, it is time to apply the stickers to your nails. One by one, peel off the backing and precisely stick it to your nails. Try to get it perfectly in place the first time, as the more you take it on and off reduces how long-lasting it is.
Make sure the rounded edge is right below or right up to the edge of the cuticle. Do not go over the cuticle, as this will make it peel off faster. Then, smooth the sticker on your nail to make sure there are not any air bubbles and that it is smooth against the nail.
Also Check: What Doctor Treats Nail Fungus
Would I Recommend Color Street To A Friend
- Its great for so many things.; I love it for everyday wear, but also for special things like holidays, work events, or even a hot date. Mommy daughter nails are really fun too. Because little girls nails are smaller you can usually get their nails done with the leftovers from your set.;
- Color Street would be ideal for vacation because the nails would last the entire trip. You wouldnt have to worrying about bringing polish with you or buying some on vacation when your nails chip and crack.
- Color Street even makes a fun gift for a family member or friend.; Think thank you gifts, bridesmaid presents, stocking stuffers or teacher appreciation gifts. There are lots of things that make Color Street a great product to try.
Final Thoughts On Color Street
If youre looking for the best quick manicure around then Color Street nail strips are a must try! Easy application and stunning, long lasting designs give you everything you could want in nail color. Save yourself some money and enjoy salon style nails in the comfort of your own home.;
Read Also: Can Toenail Fungus Live In Nail Polish
Prep Tips To Make Your Color Street Last Longer
Do you love the look of Color Street nails but are having trouble getting them to last? There are things you can do to help that beautiful manicure last so you keep getting compliments way past day 1. Here are the Color Street tips you will need to prepare your nails to have your manicure looking fresh for days.
- Make sure your Color Street nail strips and hands are the right temperature. If your nail strips are too cold or hot, they wont adhere as well. Too cold and they will be brittle. Too warm and the adhesive will be gummy. Make sure they are room temperature. Also, make sure your hands are not cold. You need the warmth of your hands to warm the adhesive on contact .
- Wash your hands with dish soap. This may sound strange, but dish soap is the best thing to use to wash your hands before application. Regular hand soaps often contain oils or butters to keep your skin soft. The problem is these oils will keep your Color Street polish strips from adhering as well as they could. Dish soap often has a degreaser in it. This will help break down any oils on your nails and hands. My personal favorite is Dawn. The degreaser works well without killing your skin.
*Learn how to make homemade cuticle oil for soft, healthy cuticles and strong nails.
- Use the provided alcohol wipes. You will get alcohol wipes that come with your Color Street nail strips, use them right before application. But do make sure you let the alcohol completely dry before you proceed.
Color Street Nails An Honest Review From A Non
Now that I know the ends and outs of Color Street nail strips Im going to share my honest thoughts about the product. Youll get the pros and the cons in this Color Street nails review.
Related Post: You might also want to check outTHIS POSTabout Color Street Sister Company, Incoco. You can get real nail polish strips at Walmart and Ulta FOR LESS!
Don’t Miss: Does Nail Renew Really Work
Things We Like About Color Street Nails
- One of the best things about Color Street Nails is how versatile they are with colors and patterns. A lot of the patterns that Color Street has to offer are nearly impossible to do with liquid polish or nail art. Also, they come in a wide variety of different colors, so you are bound to find a color and/or pattern that fits your wants and needs!
- You can shape them to perfectly fit your nail size and shape. Color Street offers different sized nail polish stickers to best match each nail size. From there, you simply file off the excess for a perfect shape at the end of your nail.
- These stickers usually last up to 10 days. This means 10 days without chipping or becoming dull!
- Lastly, you can usually apply these pretty easily yourself. That means you dont have to go out to the nail salon every time you need your nails done. This is not only convenient for you, but it also is great for people who are on a budget!