What Else Do You Need To Make Your Decision
Check the facts
- You’re right. Antifungal pills give you the best chance of curing a severe fungal nail infection.
- Sorry, that’s not right. Antifungal pills do give you the best chance of curing a severe fungal nail infection.
- It may help to go back and read “Key points to remember.” Antifungal pills give you the best chance of curing a severe nail infection.
- That’s right. Antifungal pills can cause rare but serious side effects, including liver damage and heart failure.
- Sorry, that’s not right. Antifungal pills can cause rare but serious side effects, including liver damage and heart failure.
- It may help to go back and read “What are the risks and side effects?” in the “Compare your options” chart. Antifungal pills can cause rare but serious side effects.
- Sorry, that’s not right. Other treatments include using antifungal creams, laser treatment, or having your nail removed..
- You are right. Other treatments include using antifungal creams, laser treatment, or having your nail removed..
- It may help to go back and read “Key points to remember.” Other treatments include using antifungal creams, laser treatment, or having your nail removed.
1.How sure do you feel right now about your decision?
3.Use the following space to list questions, concerns, and next steps.
Why Is Emoninail Better Than Other Treatments
Because of the treatments balance between soothing and acid ingredients, you can apply EmoniNail twice a day. The treatment penetrates your infected nails and kills the fungus under the nail plate. It does this faster than any other nail fungus treatment, without leaving your skin flushed or irritated.
We dont just give our recommendation for this product and hope for the best.
We know that the company behind EmoniNail provides top-notch customer care to make sure any patient receives the best possible results from the treatment. The most common reason people dont get results from nail fungus treatments is because of improperly prepared nails. EmoniNail shows users how to prepare their nails before application and informs them about how to get the best results from the treatment.
Their team will follow up with your progress through an app and provides more help should you need it.
What Other Conditions Can Be Mistaken For Fungal Nails
Here are some other conditions you may have instead of fungal nails:
Also Check: How To Get Child To Stop Biting Nails
Facts You Should Know About Fungal Nails
Fungal infection of the nails sometimes makes the condition sound contagious or related to poor hygiene. In fact, up to 10% of all adults in Western countries have fungal infection of the nails. This percentage increases to 20% of adults who are age 60 or older. Toenail fungus is much more common than fingernail fungus.
In reality, abnormal-looking nails may be caused by a number of conditions including, but not limited to, fungal infection. There are many other reasons why your nails may look different.
What Does Kerasal Nail Claim To Be
Kerasal Fungal Nail Renewal is an OTC product that improves the appearance of fingernails and toenails affected by fungus.
Since the American Podiatric Medical Association approved this topical solution as being beneficial to foot health, this product appears to be a good choice for people affected by toenail fungus.
The Moberg Pharma, a Swedish company operating in North America, markets Kerasal Nail Renewal with a bold claim: 90% of users see results as quickly as one week!
Lets take a closer look at what this product is and how it works.
Read Also: How To Remove Contact Lenses With Nails
Best Ways To Treat A Nail Fungus
Nail fungus can cause thick, discolored nails, and, for some patients, it can even be painful. An Internet search will bring up plenty of ways to treat the condition, but which ones are best? Dermatologist Dr. Christopher Hull discusses what nail fungus actually is, why its so hard to get rid of, and which treatments work best.
How Can I Prevent Toenail Fungus
Theres no way to guarantee that you wont get toenail fungus. But you can take several steps to help prevent it:
- Avoid going barefoot in communal areas such as hotel rooms / showers, public showers, locker rooms and swimming pools. Most people pick up fungus in these situations. It helps to wear flip flops in these public areas.
- If you have a family member with foot fungus or nail fungus, try to use different shower or wear flip flops in the shower to avoid coming in contact with it.
- Trauma due to accidental or aggressive clipping of the nails can turn into portals of entry for the fungus.
- Clean your nail trimmer before using it.
- Do not tear or rip your toenails on purpose.
- If you have diabetes, follow all foot care recommendations from your healthcare provider.
- Keep your feet dry. Make sure to fully dry your feet after a shower.
- Soak toenails in warm water before cutting them. Or you can cut your nails after a shower or bath.
- Trim toenails straight across .
- Wear shoes that fit correctly. They should not be too loose or tight around the toes.
You May Like: How To Take Out Contacts With Long Nails
Proper Nail Care Tips
The treatment and prevention of nail fungus will not be possible if proper nail care isnt observed and maintained. They include:
- Keep your nails properly trimmed and clean at all times
- Keep your toes and fingers as dry as possible
- Wear shoes and socks made with breathable materials
- Do not walk barefoot in public places such as a public swimming pool or locker room
- Avoid excessive use of nail polish
- Pay attention to your general health care
Kerasal Best Alternative For A Real Cure
EmoniNail is the most recommended alternative to Kerasal Nail if you are looking for a definite treatment to nail fungus.
Emoninail proved to be more effective than any other toenail fungus treatment out there, and customers who tried it were more satisfied with this product than with anything else theyve tried before.
Since its release in 2012, over 12,000 people have used EmoniNail and successfully cured their nail fungus. EmoniNail is the best way to win your battle with fungal nail infection while restoring the appearance of your nails definitely.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Your Own Nail Polish Remover At Home
Key Ingredients In Fungi Nail
Undecylenic Acid 25% active ingredient
Undecylenic acid is the main or primary or active ingredient in Fungi Nail. This acid, usually gotten from castor oil plant especially on a commercial scale, has numerous benefits for the whole body. It is an approved and scientifically proven antifungal agent. Undecylenic acid belongs in a group of chemical compounds called fatty acids which are also a basic part of the human body.
Having this similar key component, undecylenic acid is able to effectively improve the bodys healing ability which is a very important part of the fight against nail fungus. It destroys fungi, relieves inflammation and itching, and enhances the bodys immune system. Undecylenic acid is very safe for use. However, it should not be used for children not above two years, and neither should it be used on broken skin.
This is the inactive ingredient in Fungi Nail.
Using Fungi Nail
The first step before applying the fungi nail to the affected area is to prepare the nail. Nail preparation includes:
Benefits of Fungi Nail
Does Fungi Nail really work for nail fungus?
Does Fungi Nail work on both fingernails and toenails?
What Are The Symptoms Of Fungal Infections Of The Nails
At the start, there are usually no symptoms. Later the nails may become so thick that they hurt when they press on the inside of a shoe. They are then hard to trim. The look of an infected nail, particularly a fingernail, may cause embarrassment. The abnormal nail can damage socks and tights, and may cut into the adjacent skin. The skin nearby may also have a fungal infection it may itch, crack, form a blister or appear white, especially between the toes.
You May Like: How Do I Get Nail Polish Out Of Clothes
Treatment Of Nail Fungal Infection At Different Stages
Treatment of onychomycosis at the first stage is crucial as the infection hasnt exacerbated yet and therefore is easier to heal. Topical treatments, such as anti-fungal creams and gels or medicated nail polish are the most commonly used at this stage. However, it is ideal to use a topically-applied medication that not only can kill the fungus, but can penetrate the nail as well.
Most topical treatments dont work because they cant penetrate the nail to get to the fungi. It is therefore recommended for sufferers to use a topical medication that can penetrate the nail and kill the fungus. A solution with 10% undecylenic acid, which can effectively get rid of the infection, and a penetrating agent , is recommended.
For moderate nail fungus infection, such topical solutions can still work. However, many sufferers use that in conjunction with oral medicines. Many anti-fungal pills in the market can treat fungal nail infection, though it is still suggested to use such medicines along with topical solutions .
Unfortunately, oral medicines are also more likely to cause side effects to patients. They are also not recommended for the elderly, pregnant women, and those who have other medical conditions or ailments.
But again, fungi can come back, even without the nail itself. This is why its recommended for patients to use topical anti-fungal ointment to the nail bed and surrounding skin while waiting for the nail to grow back. Otherwise, the fungi will just return.
Is Fungi Nail Safe
Fungus nail, like most over-the-counter products, is very safe for usage by almost anybody. However, very few users of Fungi Nail complain of mild side effects, the most common of which is a warming sensation in the surrounding and the nail bed. If this sensation doesnt stop after a while, you may stop using this product temporarily until you consult a doctor.
Also, it must not be allowed to touch the eyes, mouth, and the mucous membrane. It should be kept out of the rich of children and childrens usage should be properly supervised. It is meant for external usage. If ingested accidentally, consult a doctor immediately.
Can I use Fungi Nail with nail polish?
This is one of the most popular questions from women regarding the treatment of nail fungus. Usually, it is advised to keep the nails exposed while treating nail fungus but this means bearing all the ugliness which is not so cool. Fortunately, Fungi Nail can be used with nail polish. However, make sure the nail polish is antifungal. Traditional nail polish will further strengthen the fungus making it more difficult to treat.
Should you buy Fungi Nail?
Fungi Nail is an effective, fast, and safe treatment for athletes foot, ringworm, and nail fungus. Though some say it doesnt work for nail fungus because it is not specified on the package, the testimonies of people who have used this product to treat nail fungus are convincing.
You May Like: How To Remove Contact Lenses With Nails
Are There Home Remedies For Toenail Fungus
The Internet is filled with anecdotal information on how to cure toenail fungus using home remedies. Vinegar is a commonly recommended home remedy. Some people apply various oils such as tea tree oil, coconut oil, essential oils, and oil of cedar leaf to their nails as well. The effectiveness of these home remedies is highly doubtful. Application of household bleach and hydrogen peroxide is also not recommended due to lack of evidence that these treatments work. These agents can also cause unwanted skin irritation. Thickened nails that have been affected by fungus can be difficult to trim. Using topical urea cream will soften the nail and make it easier to trim. These creams do not require a prescription.
What Are The Risks Of Not Using Pills To Treat A Nail Infection
If you are healthy, an ongoing fungal nail infection has no serious risks. But over time, the nail may get thick and look bad. It may be painful when you wear shoes or walk.
If you have diabetes or a weak immune system, a fungal infection can lead to a more serious bacterial infection.
Your doctor may advise you to use pills if:
- You have a painful nail infection.
- You have another health problem, such as diabetes, that can cause problems from foot infection.
Don’t Miss: Varisi Nail
Manicure And Pedicure Pampering
Every good manicurists toolkit includes acrylic nails, and artificial nails, clippers, nippers, nail files, orange sticks, and a deft touch with nail polish application and cuticle treatment. A nail technician will remedy ingrown toenails and calluses, and reassure you that the nail discoloration you point out is probably no more than residue from a coat of nail polish recently removed.They cannot treat or cure a fungal infection. But infections may often begin in nail salons where the same implements are used on many clients without sterilization. Be sure to ask your salon if they thoroughly sterilize tools after each manicure and pedicure.
Regular visits to your nail salon may help prevent fungal nail infections by keeping nails trimmed and clean. But pay quick attention to any injuries from clippers or other tools received during your manicure or pedicure. A small nick or break in your skin, nail bed, or cuticle could allow a nail to become infected or even allow bacteria to enter your bloodstream and cause serious health problems or aggravate an existing health condition.
Are There Any Side Effects From The Treatments
Oral treatments are more likely to cause side effects than topical ones. Terbinafine occasionally causes a potentially very severe allergic reaction, can make some skin conditions worse, and rarely affects the sense of taste permanently. Itraconazole cannot be taken by people who are already taking some medicines. Your doctor will advise you about that. Both terbinafine and itraconazole can affect the liver, and your doctor may arrange blood tests to check this before and during treatment.
Although griseofulvin is the only licenced treatment in children, many dermatologists might use terbinafine as it is much more effective.
Read Also: How Do You Get Dip Nails Off
Special Features Of Fungi Nail
- The antifungal ingredient which is clinically proven halts the spread of fungus and kills the fungus.
- The formula which is at maximum strength cures the athletes foot as well as stops skin fungus around the nail.
- Its moisturizing effect helps to return the skin to its healthy state
- Nail pen: Fungi Nail comes with a pen brush applicator which makes the use of the solution very easy. Nail pen also helps you to apply the solution proportionately based on how the nail is affected. Basically, the solution gets sufficiently where it is needed. This precise distribution is not afforded by treatment methods such as a foot or hand soak. This preciseness contributes to the fast action of Fungi Nail.
- Moisture block technology: Fungi Nail has a patented ClearGuard Moisture Block Technology. This powerful technology gives Fungi Nail solution a water-resistant ability hence ensuring it stays on the nail and nail bed as long as possible which gives you the freedom of doing your daily activities without particular attention to your nail fungus. In fact, you can wash your hands or take a quick shower Fungi Nail continues its work because it is locked in by its water-resistant ability. This enhances the effectiveness of the product as well as prevent a spread to other nails or the surrounding skin.
When Should I Call The Doctor
In rare cases, toenail fungus can cause an infection called cellulitis. Without prompt treatment, cellulitis may pose a serious danger to your health.
You should seek treatment guidance from a trusted healthcare provider if you have:
- Circulation problems.
- Redness, pain or pus near the toenail.
- Weakened immune system.
Don’t Miss: How To Remove Contact Lenses With Nails
Why Wouldn’t You Use Antifungal Pills To Treat A Nail Infection
Not all fungal nail infections need treatment with pills. Some people decide not to treat a fungal infection until it is uncomfortable or painful.
Nail infections are hard to treat, and antifungal pills can be costly. There is no guarantee that the pills will work or that the infection won’t come back.
The pills used to treat fungal nail infections can cause side effects, including stomach problems and headaches. In rare cases, some of these medicines may cause liver damage and heart failure.
You might think about trying other treatments, such as using an antifungal cream, having laser treatment, or having your nail removed.
Pills to treat fungal nail infections include terbinafine and medicines called azoles, such as itraconazole and fluconazole . Studies looking at antifungal medicines found that:footnote 1
- Terbinafine seems to work a little better than azole medicines.
- Terbinafine and azole medicines have about the same rate of side effects.
- The chance of an infection returning is about the same with terbinafine or with azole medicines.