What Are The Best Impress Nail Colors
There are SO many Kiss Impress Nails available its really up to you on which colors you like best! You can shop them at places like Target, or online at their site directly for even more options.
Keep in mind that if you go for the Coutoure set, as I have here, that the faux diamonds are super chunky. I still havent gotten used to the feeling of something on my nails So if you get easily distracted by things like that, go for a flat/plain set of nails.
Carry A Few Extra Nails In Your Purse In Case One Pops Off
When Im not quarantining, I got this cute little pill case to carry a few extra nails in. That way if one happens to get snagged on something and pops off, I can just pop another one back on.
Since theres already an adhesive on the nails and theres no glue required for application, its really easy and not messy.
Get Some Nail Glue So You Can Reuse A Nail That Pops Off
Ok I know I just said theres no glue required, and thats true, but one trick Ive been doing lately is using nail glue to reuse a nail that pops off.
and works great. Sometimes a nail will get snagged on something and come off, or a nail will start to lift at the base .
If it pops off Ill just put it back on with nail glue and that way Im not having to use a brand new nail that I can use instead for a future mani.
And if a nail starts to lift at the bottom Ill just add a drop of nail glue and that solves the issue!
Ive also started using nail glue right off the bat when I apply my imPRESS nails in addition to the adhesive already on the nails, and this also helps your mani last longer.
Read Also: How To Remove Contact Lenses With Nails
How To Remove Press
Depending on the type of nails and your lifestyle, press-on nails can last upwards of two to three weeks. Youll know its time to remove them when they start to lift slightly. Its important to remove them once you feel them lifting, as strands of hair, water, and other debris can enter and further soften the glue. Were breaking down how to remove press-ons safely:
- Soak Them Off: Soak your nails in a bowl of warm water for five to 10 minutes .
- Add Something Extra: Brittney Boyce, celebrity nail artist and founder of Nails of LA, recommends rubbing something emollient, like coconut oil, on your nails to aid in removal.
- Side to Side: As you soak, gently move the press-on nail from side to side to avoid damage.
- Remove Remaining Glue: Once the nails are off, lightly buff your natural nail to remove any excess glue.
- Avoid Acetone: While acetone soaks remove gel polish and acrylics, they will damage both your natural nail and the press-on nail so you cant reuse them.
It’s important to be as careful removing your press-ons as your were applying them. When not removed properly, press-on nails can damage the natural nails and, in extreme cases, rip them off completely.
Why Should You Switch To Press On Nails
First of all, BUDGET. I dont want to spend my hard-earned money on biweekly manicures. At $35 a pop + tip, it just makes NO sense to keep up with gel . I have more important savings goals and things I want to spend my money on . $6.99-$11.99 for 2 manicures is far more aligned with what Im willing to spend.
Second, gel isnt without its risks. Youre subjecting your skin to UV rays and while the science is inconclusive on the actual risk, Im not taking any chances. If I can avoid unnecessary UV exposure, I will.
And, lastly, time! Now that Ive been doing press on nails for months, I have it down to a science. It takes me 15 minutes start to finish. If I was to go to a nail salon, it could take up to an hour. Seriously, do you need any better reason to switch?!
Also Check: How Do You Take Out Contacts With Long Nails
What Happens If Impress Nail Kit Short Length Time Slip Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Buy From Recent Nail Collections
imPRESS comes out with new collections on a pretty regular basismaybe even monthly, Im not 100% sure. I just know its April now and I see some of the same styles on their site from March, with a few new ones.
And when I first started buying press-on nails from them back in November they had all the cute holiday styles available. Anyways, my point is that since theyre constantly coming out with new designs, sometimes popular designs go out of stock fast.
Ive also tried ordering some designs on eBay when theyre no longer available on the imPRESS website, Walmart, Target, Ulta, etc. Ive found some really cute ones on eBay like these hot pink with leopard accent nails .
However, I will say that Ive noticed their older designs chip easier, and the newer designs from more recent collections last a lot longer. That doesnt mean you shouldnt buy the older designs if theres a style you really love, but just manage your expectations and know that older ones may only last you a week, rather than two weeks.
Which again is not necessarily a bad thingsometimes after a week Im ready to pop my nails off and try a new style.
Don’t Miss: How Do I Get Nail Polish Out Of Clothes
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Kiss Full Of Roses Impress Press
With three complimentary colors, the manicure possibilities are endless. Use a single color on all 10 nails, mix and match them by adding an accent nail, or do an on-trend rainbow manicure. The kit includes a file, wooden stick, prep pads, and nails with pre-applied sticky tape.
To buy: $8 Ulta.com.
Also Check: Best Polygel Kits
What Dont You Like About Impress Nails
As I mentioned above, I still have to get used to the feeling of something heavy on my nail, but this is only a problem for the 3 fingers I have a studded nail design on.
Also, as I chat about in my video, before I re-applied a new coat of clear gel on the underside, a couple of my fake nails were ever so slightly detaching from my nail. Not enough to notice BUT it turned into a hair trap. As in, everything I ran my fingers through my hair, a strand would be trapped under my fake nail.
But thats literally the only thing I have to complain about. I love my imPRESS nails and will be using these for many years to come!
I hope this helps you decide if imPRESS nails are for you! If you have thoughts to add or more reviews, leave a comment below so everyone can see. Id especially love to hear from you if you have swum in the ocean or a pool with these nails on! Did they still stick?
If you have any questions, leave a comment or DM me on Instagram and Ill be happy to help!
Other Beauty + Review Posts You May Like
How To Take Care Of Your Nails Between Press
Weve all heard the myth that you need to give your nails a break in-between polishes or press-on applications so they can repair and breathe, but Boyce says that old wives tale is not entirely true. Taking breaks in between press-ons are not necessary, as long as you are gentle when removing them, she shares. In fact, using press-on nails the right way may even have a positive effect on nail health. If you already have weaker nails that tend to break more often, using a press-on nail well acts like a barrier and protects your natural nails from cracking and breaking, she adds.
Read Also: Nail Tech Jobs On Cruise Ships
Do Impress Press On Nails Work
Yes! Absolutely. And, at $5.99-$11.99 a pack from which I can get two sets its a steal compared to a gel manicure. Plus, the longest Ive had mine on is 15 days which is about what Id expect from a $35+ tip gel manicure. However, the key is in the application and the upkeep, so Im going to run through the dos and donts of press on nails.
- The nails come with an alcohol prep pad. Do not forget to use this! It cleans your nails pre-application. On the second set that youll get from the pack, use nail polish remover for the same result.
- Press on each nail, thumbs last . Press each nail on, rolling across the nail to get every edge stuck.
- As someone who prefers shorter nails, even the shortest length is too long. Its easy, however, once the nails are on to clip and file them. Every once in a while, Ill go crazy with long nails and just slightly file them, but, typically, I cut them to the length youll see in the photo below .
- I realized early on that its not unusual to get one caught and it flips off or to have not applied one correctly, so I invested the $4 to get a bottle of brush-on nail glue. This way, if one nail pops off and the rest are still going strong, Ill just glue it back on and have the set for a few more days.
- So, how do I get them off? Eventually, the glue will start to wear off and theyll just pop off. Youll see the edges towards your nail bed start to separate and thats when you can pop them off.
Three: File Your Nails
Shape them if you want. I have this nail file that has 4 sides, each side performing different functions. One side allows me to shape, the second side is for smooth edges, the third side is for buff surface and the last side is to polish.
Difference between polishing and buffing
Polishing generates a brushed or lined finish, whereas buffing removes the lines.
Read Also: How To Remove Contact Lenses With Nails
Will You Be Claiming The Vat Back
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Stock coming soon
This product is temporarily unavailable online. Our stores will remain open for everything you need, use ‘Find in store’ below to see if it’s in stock near you.
Collect 36 points with this purchase
Impress Nails Review 2020
I never thought Id be a person who could even use fake nails. My nails are short and brittle no matter how much collagen I use, how many vitamins I take or even strengthening nail polish, they just cant get long.
Regular nail polish just doesnt cut it for me and I have tried and failed HARD to do my own gel manicure at home with at-home gel polish. I was going to a salon for a while to get gel nails applied professionally, but that was $65-70 a visit here in San Francisco, so I stopped.
Enter:imPRESS press nails that are supposedly easy to apply and come in hot at a super affordable price of around $10 a pack. Their nail collection is HUGE and rumors have it that these nails last a really long time.
I tried out the Lavish Couture set, filmed the process of applying them and then sat down to write this imPRESS nails review post one week later to see if theyve held up.
Also Check: How To Remove Contact Lenses With Nails
How To Apply Impress Nails
The box makes it seem really easy to apply these nails. Clean, Peel, Stick!
BUTTT theres a little more that goes into applying imPRESS nails correctly and of course, the upkeep of maintaining them.
First, trim and file down your nails so they are smooth and at your desired length. My thumbnail was brittle so I filed it down to be more smooth so the fake nail could adhere better. Then, clean your nail with the wipe that comes in.
When it comes time to apply a nail, use the size that fits best. There are little numbers on each nail to signal which size they are but I found it much easier to just hold up an imPRESS nail to my own to see what one fits the best. When in doubt, go with the smaller size.
Then, stick em on! Start by pressing down in the middle of the nail and then rolling your finger to the edges to really make sure its stuck on. Do this for both of your hands and make sure to have fun with the patterns!
When all the nails are applied, take a clear gel polish and coat the underside of each nail. This is SUPER important for helping the fake nail adhere to your own and maintaining this underside coat of clear polish helps the nails stay on longer.
Wait an hour and then use a nail clipper to trim down the fake nails, as theyll be really long. The pack does come with a small nail file but I found it kind of useless, so I used my own. After about 10 minutes of trimming and sculpting, my nails were ready! Woohoo!
How You Remove Press
While press-on nails are less likely to leave your nails damaged, when compared to gels or acrylics, it’s still important that you’re gentle when you take them off.
What not to do? If a fake nail has one side coming loose, don’t tear it off. “Never ever pull of a nail tip,” says Edwards. “This will surely damage the nails.”
Instead, soak your nails in an acetone-based nail solution with baby oil. Edwards swears by a mess-free kit like KISS Quick Soak Off Removal System. It includes soak-off caps and nail-shaped pads. “Just add baby oil, which helps lift product off the nail and prevents dry skin, she says”
Now that you know what to do and what not to do when applying fake nails, keep scrolling for the best press-on nail kits to buy.
How To Prep Your Nails For Press
The most common mistake people make when applying press-on nails? They dont prep their nails first, says Yewande Moore, founder and CEO of Nail Candy. Think about it: When you head to a nail salon to get acrylics, gel nails, or just a regular manicure, theres a lot of prep that needs to happen before a drop or nail polish or glue touches your nails, and it should be the same for press-ons. Here is how to up your press-on prep game:
- Find Your Fit: Test the press-ons and make sure they fit your natural nails. While most nail brands either offer custom sizes or include an array of options in each set, you may need to gently file down the sides for a better fit.
- Buff the Back: Lightly buff the back of each press-on nail with a buffer. This step is not necessary for nails that come with adhesive.
- Clean Your Nail Beds: Remove any nail polish on your nails, then file and cut them down as needed.
- Care for Your Cuticles: Push your cuticles back to ensure maximum surface area.
- Buff Your Beds: Gently buff the surface of your nail to remove excess oils or lotions and create a rougher surface for the nail to stick to. Some press on kits may also come with an acetone prep pad that will help remove any remaining residue.
Now that you’re prepped and ready to go, its time to learn about the application process.
Scroll Through And Shop My Favorite Spring Impress Nails Below
Press-on nails have come a long way since I last used them in middle school. So Im sharing an imPRESS nails review, with all the deets on where I buy them and tips for how I get them to last up to two weeks.
Ive never had great nails. I have girlfriends who can grow these gorgeous, long nails that they just paint themselves and it looks like a freaking salon manicure. That is just not my truth. No matter how much collagen I consume, my nails always break.
And I hate going to nail salons .
I know some people love going to get their nails done and its like a treat for them, and if thats you, good for you girl. Treat yourself to a mani after quarantine is over.
But for me, it just drives me crazy how long it takes to sit there and I cant even multitask. It feels like such a waste of time to me. Plus, going to nail salons is a really expensive habit!
Doing my own nails at home with an imPRESS manicure solves both of these issues for me because its cheapyou can find them on sale at Target for $6, and current styles on imPRESS site range from $8 11, depending on if they have embellishments or not.
And each set includes 30 nails, so I can get two full manicures from one box. Depending on the size of your fingers, you may end up with some odd sizing leftover .
But do the maththats ~$3 a manicure.
And its so quick and easy. Start to finish, it takes me 10 minutes to apply my imPRESS nails! Such a time saver.
Don’t Miss: How Do You Get Dip Nails Off