Tea Tree Oil And Olive Oil
The combination of the two essential oils will serve as a wonderful tip on how to get rid of yellow nails on your toes or fingers. They have the same qualities that are required to eradicate fungus on feet or hands quickly.
How to use:
- Mix tea tree oil and olive oil in an equal proportion.
- Apply this mixture on your nails for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Use this home remedy twice a day for several months to get rid of yellow nails.
How Do You Get Rid Of Yellow Toenails
Applying a small amount of melted coconut oil can help heal thick yellow toenails. You can purchase over-the-counter antifungal nail creams and ointments. Be sure to clip and clean your nails before use to make sure the creams reach deeper layers. Laser therapy can be used to treat a fungal toenail infection.
Goodbye To Nail Polish
So, how about giving up nail polish entirely? Can you survive without it?
They add the beauty to your appearance, but if you take your well-being into consideration, the answer is obvious, right? You can start with letting your nails rest and use nail polishes only 3-4 times on a weekly basis.
Then, try to reduce the frequency of using nail polishes. You will see the improvements of your nails quickly.
You May Like: How To Make Nail Polish Remover At Home
What Causes Yellow Nails
In addition to nail polish, yellow nails are also a consequence of a fungal infection or chronic liver disease, the tar and nicotine from cigarettes and poor lifestyle habits .
Besides, the deficiency of some essential vitamins and minerals can be responsible for your yellow nails. And the best way to fight it is to absorb them or multivitamin supplements immediately.
On the other hand, yellow nails can be a sign of some medications, such as diabetes or psoriasis. In the case of diabetic patients, their nails usually turn into yellowish. It happens because the sugar breakdown has adverse effects on their nails collagen.
Although it is not common, yellow nails can be an early symptom of skin cancer, so you should not underestimate this problem.
Home Remedies To Treat Yellow And Thick Nails
- A mixture of olive oil, baking soda and lemon bleaches, strengthens and softens the nails and hands. We rub them and let them act for five minutes every day. White vinegar is one of the most effective products for whitening and cleaning nails. Mix vinegar and water in equal parts, soak the toenails and leave on for 10 minutes
- Drops of hydrogen peroxide on each nail for two weeks will eliminate fungal infection. In addition, every two or three days, we must exfoliate them.
Recommended Reading: How To Hang Shelves Without Nails
Natural Products Easy To Find
- Lemon juice fights fungus and exfoliates nails. If we submerge them in the liquid of this fruit for 10 minutes and then wash them with soap and water, we will eliminate the yellowish color. Lemon essential oil is also ideal because it also hydrates the cuticle.
- Effervescent pills that bleach dentures also work for yellow and thick nails. We submerge them in a container with the product for 10 minutes and then wash them. We repeat every night.
- The sodium bicarbonate has a similar effect, besides being more economical. Mix the product with a little water to make a paste. We rub them with a brush, let them act for a few minutes, and exfoliate again. Its action is swift if we do it regularly.
Together with these home remedies to get rid of yellow and thick nails, it is convenient to cut them frequently. Ideally, keep them square, short and with the edges filed. Wash your feet frequently and dry them well, especially between the toes: moisture drives fungus growth. Do not wear tight shoes or walking barefoot in public areas.
When To See A Doctor
In some circumstances, even the dominant tips on how to get rid of yellow nails do not work for you. If you continuously see yellow nails even after applying all home remedies, it is imperative to seek medical attention instantly.
The doctor can run a series of tests to figure out the causes of your yellow nails and then, come up with the appropriate treatment.
Typically, the experts give you the suggestion to use zinc supplements to boost the treatment of yellow nails.
If your nails have some darkly colored streaks, you need to meet your doctor immediately. It is a severe condition.
Recommended Reading: Nail School Cost
Hydrogen Peroxide Solution To Get Rid Of Yellow Nails
Hydrogen peroxide solution helps you to get whiter nails. It makes your stain nails whiter. It helps to get rid of yellow nails. Use this hydrogen peroxide solution for getting whiter nails.
- Take a one-third cup of water and three caps of hydrogen peroxide solution.
- After adding them steep your fingers in the solution for two to three minutes.
- After that, use a soft toothbrush or brush to scrub your stain nails.
- Then do not forget to moisturize your fingers with some cuticle oil.
- Do this remedy at least 3 times a week for greater effects.
Soak Your Nails In Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid and acetic acid, which may lighten the discoloration on your nails. ACV also acts as an antifungal and antibacterial agent to ward off infections that cause yellowing of nails.
How to use:
- Dilute apple cider vinegar with warm water in a 1:1 ratio.
- Dip your hands in the solution for about 20 minutes, and then wash them with cold water.
- Pat your hands dry, and apply olive oil on your cuticles.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day for best results.
Don’t Miss: What Takes Nail Polish Off Clothes
Use A Whitening Pen Or Toothpaste
If it whitens your teeth, why wouldnt it whiten your nails, too? It seems a bit straight forward, but its true. Applying whitening toothpaste or a whitening pen, like this one from AuraGlow, can treat yellow nails. The pen uses oxidizing ingredients to act as a stain remover and gives your nails a new-found glowing appearance. Its easy to do and can really make a difference to the look of your nails. Of course, once youre done whitening your nails, you can use the pen on your teeth, too. Its definitely worth noting that this whitening pen currently has over 1000 5-star reviews on Amazon from customers happy.
Preventing Yellow Toe Nails
Read Also: Is Orly Nail Polish Vegan
How To Make Nails White Again
The best way to not have yellow nails after polish is to avoid painting your nails. But if you find that you started experiencing this, there are home remedies that will help return your nails back to white again. They can also help the discoloration that smokers get.
1. Hydrogen Peroxide
Soak your fingers in a mixture of three parts of water to one part hydrogen peroxide for around 15 minutes. You can also make a paste of the peroxide a few tablespoons and a little baking soda and brush it on your nails with a toothbrush. Let the mixture stay on your nails for about 10 minutes then rinse. When using peroxide make sure to put a moisturizer on your nails after the treatment so they don’t get dried out.
2. Whitening Toothpaste
This toothpaste can not only whiten your teeth, it can make your nails bright and white again. Just rub some toothpaste on your nails, rub it into your nails and let it stay on for a few minutes before you rinse it off.
3. Lemon Juice
Soak your nails in a bowl with the juice of one lemon for 5 to 10 minutes can help to get rid of yellow nails after polish. Moisturize your nails afterward.
4. Denture Cleaning Tablets
Just as whitening toothpaste can work, denture cleaning tablets can do the same thing. Dissolve 2 to 4 tablets in water, soak your nails for around 15 minutes, dry them off and apply moisturizer. You can do this up to three times each week.
5. Baking Soda
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
7. Orange Peels
How Do I Get My Yellow Toenails White Again
Recommended Reading: What Can You Put On Nails To Make Them Stronger
Have Yellow Nails Here Are Remedies That Really Work
Written by Pavitra Sampath | Published : September 3, 2015 7:45 PM IST
Yellow nails can be quite unsightly and may in some cases embarrass you. While some of the common reasons for yellow nails is excessive use of nail polish, there could be other causes like a fungal infection or even a vitamin deficiency, smoking, diabetes, kidney disease or psoriasis.
If you have yellow nails, here are some remedies that could help.
Some tips to help these remedies work better
Lemon And Tea Tree Oil
A mixture of lemon and tea tree oil will make an even greater home remedy for how to get rid of yellow nails.
For yellow nails treatment, you can form a paste in the following way:
- Mix lemon juice and tea tree oil in an equal proportion to create a paste.
- Apply this paste on your nails and then gently buff the yellow stains out with a soft toothbrush.
- Use this remedy daily until the yellow stains on your nails disappear.
You May Like: Remove Nail Polish Without Nail Polish Remover
Toothpaste To Get Rid Of Yellow Nails
Remove your stains by using whitening toothpaste, which contains hydrogen peroxide or any whitening element. Toothpaste not only helps in making your teeth whiter, it also helps in removing your stain nails effectively. Use this home remedy for making your nails whiter.
- Take some whitening toothpaste and cotton balls soaked in warm water.
- Apply a little whitening toothpaste on your stains and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Scrub and clean your nails by use of nail brush.
- Then, rinse off the toothpaste with cotton balls.
- Do this method 2 times per week.
Ways To Whiten Nails At Home
Nails are fairly porous, so its no wonder that they can turn yellow when exposed to nail polish, dirt, and everyday wear and tear. And your toenails, understandably, take the brunt of the abuse since theyre often trapped inside shoes and socks for long stretches of time. To keep tips looking light and bright, you need to whiten the area underneath the nail while gently buffing away stains on the nail surface.
Finger and toenail whitening is an art, not a science. There are a lot of ways you can whiten nails at home but the easiest way is to experiment with some ingredients from your kitchen pantry. Here are some of my favorite ways to whiten nails without the harsh chemicals.
Also Check: Hongo Killer Nail Formula
How Do You Get Rid Of Yellow Toenails Fast
Furthermore, How do I get my toenails white again? Try these tips mentioned below and tell us which one worked for you the best.
Secondly, How does Vicks get rid of yellow toenails?
Although designed for cough suppression, its active ingredients may help treat toenail fungus. A 2011 study found that Vicks VapoRub had a positive clinical effect in the treatment of toenail fungus. To use, apply a small amount of Vicks VapoRub to the affected area at least once a day.
What is the white hard stuff under my toenails?
Keratin is a protein that promotes the development of the skin and nails. Nail psoriasis sometimes causes too much keratin to grow under the nail. This overgrowth is called subungual hyperkeratosis. People with hyperkeratosis may notice a white, chalky substance under the nail.
Ask A Doctor Online And Get Answers In Minutes Anytime
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
3. Limit The Usage Of Dark Nail Polish
All of us like a little black to be cute, but a lot of dark polish can cause nail discoloration. Thus, if youre a big fan of nail polish, try to choose the light and nice one instead of the black color. Or, it is better to stop the use of nail polish and recuperate your nails so that you will have beautiful nails naturally.
4. Use A Nail Whitening Pencil
This way will help you to solve the problem immediately. It is especially useful when you do not have enough time to take care of your nails. Moreover, a whitening pencil is always available in the market so it can help you to solve the problem whenever you want. Just clean your hands and feet carefully to remove the dirt from your nails and cover them with the white color using the whitening pencil.
5. Give Up Smoking
If you want to remove the yellowing on teeth and nails, stop smoking immediately. Although it is quite challenging, it brings us a lot of health and beauty benefits. When you give up smoking, both your relatives and you are at the low risk of lung cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Also, smoking makes your skin dark and unattractive. Furthermore, it causes discoloration of lips and nails. Therefore, create your plan to quit smoking to ensure your health and appearance.
6. Have Proper Nail Care Habits
III. Effective Remedies
1. Tea Tree Oil
How to do
Recommended Reading: Opi Nail Polish Discounted
Baking Soda To Get Rid Of Yellow Nails
Baking soda works effectively for removing yellow nails. It helps to eliminate stains from the nails through its bleaching and exfoliating properties. Baking soda works effectively to lighten the yellowness of the nails. Use this remedy to get whiter nails.
- Take one tbsp of baking soda, one tsp of lemon juice and one half tsp of olive oil.
- After adding all the ingredients make a thick paste of it.
- Then, rub the thick paste on your nails. You can use a soft toothbrush for rubbing your nails gently.
- Leave the paste for 5-10 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply this procedure every two weeks.
Natural Way To Get Rid Of Yellow Nails
Absorbing your nails lemon juice will dispose of those yellow stains. Douse your nails for 10 to 15 minutes every day until the point that you are content with the outcomes.
Keeping in mind the end goal to dispose of prompt nail stains, for example, pink nails from wearing red nail clean, have a go at scouring brightening toothpaste on your nails utilizing a nail brush. Keep in mind this isnt for long haul stains.
The best layer of your nails is the place the yellow stains are. By buffing your nails you will dispose of the best layers, evacuating a portion of the stains. While this strategy may work, buffing your nails isnt prescribed in light of the fact that it can prompt weaker nails.
You May Like: How To Make Nails Stronger And Longer
Foolproof Ways To Get Rid Of Yellow Nails
Obviously, none of us are perfect. Sometimes our bodies react to the things we put in them, and things can get ugly. This is definitely the case when it comes to our nails. Too much polish equals discolored fingernails if you dont give them time to breath occasionally. Plus, too much bacteria can also result in some, well, pretty disturbing colored nails.
Since this is nothing to be ashamed of and can actually be a pretty quick fix, weve rounded up some of the most quick, easy, and convenient ways to get rid of yellow nails! Check them out below!
1. The most common suggestion? Stop using so much dark nail polish.
Of course we all love a little black or dark navy polish from time to time, but constantly using dark colors like this may cause your nails to become discolored. Try to switch your color choices from something dark to something nice and light so you can give your nails time to recuperate.
MORE: Why You Should Use Non-Toxic Nail Polish
2. Always, always, always use a base coat.
3. Use a buffing board to remove the exposed top layer that may be stained.
If youve just recently realized that your nails are starting to get discolored, try as a first step to remove some of the top layer of the nail with a buffing board. Make sure not to scrub away too much, as you want your nails to stay as strong as possible. However, this may help to fade the discoloration when its not too severe.
4. Rub your nails in lemon juice or a whole lemon.