When I Dont Use Them:
These arent a 1-second manicure. Though I would consider doing them in an Uber because they dont smell like anything and there isnt a dry time, they still take about 15-20 minutes to do well and arent quite as fool-proof as the Magic Press . I like to apply these when Im relaxing before bed because they look amazing after Ive slept in them. I also prefer to use their other products if my nails are peeling so I dont risk additional damage.
Remove Your Virtual Nails Without Going To The Dashing Dave Salon
The website says that you will need a magic nail polish solution or something like that to remove it, not an acetone nail polish remover. is good.
Removing water or nail polish will not give you art and your nails will not get wet. Use pure acetone. Put something in a bowl and let it soak. Soak for about 20 minutes. Sing with orange teeth without removing acetone. Dive in and watch until everyone dies. You should put your nails in acetone, when you remove it, the product will be returned to you. Next, you should use a scrubbing sponge that is very effective in relieving the tension on your hard nails. If you have gel coated acrylic, you will definitely need to determine how accurate it is to break down your nail cells.
How To Remove Dashing Diva Press On Nails
Caring For Your Press
In general, press-on nails can last up to a week or two with proper care. If you want to make them last longer, the very first thing you should do is to prep your real nails the right way.
First, cut and file your nails short, push the cuticles back, and buff the nail beds with a buffer. Clean all of them thoroughly with alcohol wipes to remove any residue and natural oils from your nails.
After prepping your real nails, apply the press-on nails following the brands instructions. Avoid water contact for about two to three hours for the glue to completely dry. You can apply a top hardener coat to help them stick better and harden the surface for increased durability.
Now that youre wearing them, avoid getting them exposed to harsh conditions such as too much heat, moisture, or strong chemicals like bleach and detergent. These could weaken the nail glue and cause the press-on nails to pop off, as well as the accents adhered to them.
We recommend wearing gloves if you need to do certain chores like doing the dishes, cleaning, or when doing your hobbies like gardening. Since press-ons can come off with soap and water, when taking a bath, dont let them sit under soapy suds for a long time. Lastly, dont use your press-on nails for opening or lifting things as they may get damaged or broken.
Recommended Reading: Dashing Diva Nail Stickers Review
How Do They Compare To Color Street
- The material is thicker than Color Street so they have a little more stretch to them.
- They had a few more bubbles and places I didnt get smoothed than Color Street. But I also didnt try super hard.
- Ive only tried the Color Street strips for a week and the wear and tear was similar to what I experienced after two weeks with Dashing Diva strips. Dashing Diva lasted longer for me.
- Color Street is more expensive at between $11-$13 a set
- Most Color Street nails only include one design in a package though a few come with two coordinating designs.
Nothing against Color Street, I still think its a good product, but I think personally feel the Dashing Diva nails strips give me more of what Im after more design options, cheaper price point, and a little more durability.
So will I try Dashing Diva nail strips again? Definitely. In fact, I think I might go order a couple more sets now! ð
Want to pin this for later?
Read Also: How To Get Nail Polish Off Wood Floor
The Lazy Girls Guide To Press On Nails & Wraps
< < < SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEOS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR BOTH PRESS ON AND GEL NAIL STRIPS> > >
My life is busy. I am both the chef and sous chef, run 2 full-time businesses, travel a lot, and I rarely have a fabulous looking manicure beyond a weekeven with gel nails.
Even worse, when I do get my nails done, if Im too busy to get the gel polish removed professionally, I usually have damaged nails. Ahem. Because I pick at them. I knowI know
Part of my job is to find ways to help you look great all the time with our busy schedules. We are the generation of revolutionary, technology paved, nail polish alternatives! So why shouldnt we find new ways to make our manis last?
Enter: Gel Nail Strips and Press On Nails. Though conceptually, theyve been around since the 1950s, theyve upgraded tremendously even in just the last decade.
Personally, Ive tried a plethora of brands for wraps and press on options, so when I finally got around to trying Dashing Diva, I practically begged them to work with me on a project. Dashing Diva has distinguished themselves with salon quality, on-trend products. They do what they claim and dont have that fake nail look. More details on their history in my tutorial below!
Don’t Miss: Dip Powder Nail Fill Cost
Why I Use Them:
No dry time and they last 2 weeks as advertised! These are my go-to for everyday wear. They dont need an LED or UV lamp or heat that can ruin your hands or nails and last a really long time. A couple times Ive had a mishap, like I didnt prep my nails enough before applying or jumped in the pool and loosened one or two, but enough spares are in the package for a redo. Plus they come off with zero damagelike a nail sticker! To me, this is the biggest reason why I prefer this to gel nails. If I have one chipped gel nail, I feel like the whole set has to come off because I cant redo that one chipped nail without a lot of work or a trip to the salon.
Day 2 These nails have not been retouched to show actual results
I also love that you can use nail polish with these . You can treat this like the color layer for your nails. You can do anything you want to them. This means you can add a base coat, top coat, nail stickers, bling, etc. Or, if you want to use nail polish, but want a barrier base coat, they make clear strips too!
You May Like: Orly Cruelty Free
A Few Things To Note:
I am so impressed with Dashing Diva. This blog post isnt sponsored I just needed to share this amazing life hack. $8 VS. a $50 manicure and an hour + of my time. WORTH EVERY PENNY. Go get yourself some!
Have you tried press-on nails? Let me know what you think about them in the comments!
Check out this post to learn all of my nail tips and tricks!
Recommended Reading: How To Get Rid Of Fingernail Fungus From Acrylic Nails
Read Also: Toenailfungusbesttreatment. Blogspot. Com
Why I Need Both Gloss And Magic Press Nails As Part Of My Nail Arsenal
GLOSS Gel Nail Strips are great! They protect my nails and look like-a-million-bucks. I dont need to use a base coat or a top coat. All I need is a little time and a nail file. And my nails can be as long or as short as I want them. But what they dont do is add length like artificial nails do.
I alternate between GLOSS and Magic Press depending on the length of my nails, the shape I want, and what Im doing that week. Press-on nails just dont make sense if your nails are already long! Also, I dont think Id ever want to change the shape of my natural nails too drastically. So, if I want a trendy shape, Im going to file those false nails, not my real ones.
Things I Like About These Nail Stickers:
- There are cool designs to mix and match in each package. On this second manicure I thought I had already used all the marbled strips but of course I found them after I finished.
- Theyre easy to remove. The package instructions say to use a drop of polish remover on them before taking off but honestly? I just peeled them off last time and they were fine.
- Theyre cheap! Other nail strips or stickers Ive tried were between $10-$15, these are $7.99 at Ulta Beauty, and $6.99 at Target.
- You get 34 strips in a package 22 base color, 3 accents with 4 strips a piece. You also get a nail file.
- They have a lot of different designs to pick from, like these:
I also just took a quick peak at my new Allure Beauty Box for this month and there was a set inside there which Im pretty excited about!
You May Like: How To Remove Dip Manicure
Select Best Size Strip
The second step in this Dashing Diva nail strips review and tutorial is to select the best size strip for each nail. Since they come on a clear plastic backing, you can hold them over your nails. If you are in between sizes, the best thing to do is to size down. Any part of the strip that overlaps onto your skin will end up not sticking on your nail.
If you are a small woman like me, you may find that you need to custom fit some strips. I accomplish this by cutting them with cuticle cutters.
Once I have all 10 strips selected, I like to lay them on my work space in order of application to prevent confusion. I even take mine one step further by cutting each strip into individual pieces, but you do not need to do that.
How To Use Dashing Diva Gloss Gel Nail Strips
– 34 nail strips – Nail file Create a lovely look with rose gold-coloured stars, moons, and colourful pink glitters – Ultra gel shine – No UV dry time – No soak-off removal – Easy to apply and remove – Chip resistant – Wrinkle-free – Strips do not dry out – Length of wear: Up to 14 Day – 30 nail strips – Nail file Deep rose-coloured premium nail with clear big stone – Ultra gel shine – No UV dry time – No soak-off removal – Easy to apply and remove – Chip resistant – Wrinkle-free – Strips do not dry out – Length of wear: Up to 14 Day
Also Check: Does Vicks Work On Toenail Fungus
Dashing Diva Gel Nail Strip Review + Application
September 4, 2019 by
I have gnarly nails. They are always peeling and chipping and I keep them really short so I can play piano without the click clackingof long nails.
For the past few years, I have done gel or powder dip manicures almost all of the time. I love how they look and they last forever. However, they are not without major drawbacks. I was dropping $40-50 every time I got them done, taking an hour at a nail salon, and removing them always absolutely shredded my nails. They would be paper thin and fragile afterwards, which led me to getting them done again, and the cycle would continue.
So I decided to let my nails heal. I tried a few different polishes that promised long wear, but none of them delivered on their promises. Also, there is nothing like having wet nail polish that makes me need to go pee more. Weve all done that dance, trying to get our pants buttoned with wet nail polish. It never works.
And then these Dashing Diva Gel Nail Strips entered my life. I was very skeptical. The gal at the beauty supply store assured me that hers last 2 weeks, but I was unconvinced.
But after trying them out for myself, Im a true convert! They really do last at least 2 weeks, they are super easy to put on, easy and harmless to take off, and so FUN! I get compliments on my nails every time Im out.
In the gel nails vs strip nails competition, these are no contest. Dashing Diva Gel Nail Strips win in cost, time, nail integrity, design, and ease.
Have You Tried These Products Share Below
*Editorial Note: This post was sponsored by Dashing Diva. The compensation received in exchange for placement on The Vanilla Plum is used to purchase props, hire a photographer, write/edit the blog post and support the team behind The Vanilla Plum. Thanks to Dashing Diva and The Vanilla Plum team for bringing this post to life.
While compensation was received in exchange for coverage, all thoughts and opinions are always my own. Sponsored posts like these allow for the development of additional dynamic content to be produced, unsponsored. Thank you for supporting our partners!
- The 2 Ingredient Sugar Wax Recipe I Use Regularly
- How I got rid of uneven skin texture and large pores
- 55 Beauty Gifts and Stocking Stuffers Under $50
- DIY Luxury Nails: Sparkle and Glam
Dont Miss: What Is Green Nail Syndrome
Read Also: Cost To Remove Dip Nails
How To Apply Ohora Nails
Wash your hands before applying the gel nail sticker to remove extra stuff on your nail bed. Then select your favorite semi-cured gel nail sticker and apply it on your nail bed carefully. Let it cure completely by putting your nails under a UV lamp. Trim or cure the final look of your nails. You can also add a top coat on your gel nail sticker to enhance their look.
Recommended Reading: How To Remove Contact Lenses With Nails
Cons Of Dashing Diva Nail Strips
I really dont have too many cons to list. Here are a few if Im being knit picky!
- Some sticky residue can stay on your nail once you peel these off. I can easily remove this with a nail buffer.
- I dont always use all sizes in the package, so it feels wasteful. A friend suggested cutting them down and using them on their child which I am going to try!
You May Like: How To Hang Canvas Art Without Nails
You May Like: Tips For Applying Color Street Nails
How To Remove Dashing Diva Nail Strips:
You can find a few sets at places like
I prefer to buy directly from their website www.dashingdiva.com because of the perks.
- 15% off your first order with e-mail sign up
- $15 and up qualifies for free shipping
- More of an updated selection
- Rewards program & discounts the more you buy
- $5 referral reward for you and your friends
- Incredibly fast shipping and delivery
- Great customer service
Here is my referral link which will get you $5 off your first order!
Test It Tuesday: Do Popular Nail Strips Work Better Than Polish
Houston The pandemic has done a number on our finances and our fingernails. Now, some women are looking for cheaper alternatives to the nail salon and polish that chips and peels days after you apply them.
Nail strips are growing in popularity. Essentially, they are fingernail polish stickers that you apply to your nail. There is no mess and no dry time. We asked viewer Liz Deering to try two different brands to tell us which works best and lasts the longest.
Don’t Miss: Does Boiling Nail Clippers Kill Fungus
Why You Should Use Dashing Diva Nail Guards
Dashing Diva Nail Guards are considered the best nail wraps, and there are several reasons behind it. Here is the reason why you should choose them-
- It is quite inexpensive they typically cost about $12 for a set that includes a couple of manicures.
- The sets can be mixed and matched.
- The process of applying these is pretty quick like, it takes only 10 minutes to apply.
- There is a wide variety of colors and styles available in Dashing Diva Nail Strips.
- If you do not need them, they can be removed easily.
- It is much easier to re-do one nail if the gel strip starts peeling off than to spend a lot of time getting to a nail salon.