The Lazy Girls Guide To Press On Nails & Wraps
< < < SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEOS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR BOTH PRESS ON AND GEL NAIL STRIPS> > >
My life is busy. I am both the chef and sous chef, run 2 full-time businesses, travel a lot, and I rarely have a fabulous looking manicure beyond a weekeven with gel nails.
Even worse, when I do get my nails done, if Im too busy to get the gel polish removed professionally, I usually have damaged nails. Ahem. Because I pick at them. I knowI know
Part of my job is to find ways to help you look great all the time with our busy schedules. We are the generation of revolutionary, technology paved, nail polish alternatives! So why shouldnt we find new ways to make our manis last?
Enter: Gel Nail Strips and Press On Nails. Though conceptually, theyve been around since the 1950s, theyve upgraded tremendously even in just the last decade.
Personally, Ive tried a plethora of brands for wraps and press on options, so when I finally got around to trying Dashing Diva, I practically begged them to work with me on a project. Dashing Diva has distinguished themselves with salon quality, on-trend products. They do what they claim and dont have that fake nail look. More details on their history in my tutorial below!
Why I Need Both Gloss And Magic Press Nails As Part Of My Nail Arsenal
GLOSS Gel Nail Strips are great! They protect my nails and look like-a-million-bucks. I dont need to use a base coat or a top coat. All I need is a little time and a nail file. And my nails can be as long or as short as I want them. But what they dont do is add length like artificial nails do.
I alternate between GLOSS and Magic Press depending on the length of my nails, the shape I want, and what Im doing that week. Press-on nails just dont make sense if your nails are already long! Also, I dont think Id ever want to change the shape of my natural nails too drastically. So, if I want a trendy shape, Im going to file those false nails, not my real ones.
Premium Magic Press Super Slim Fitso Glam+ Smoky Tartan 233/243gmc
- So Glam+ Smoky Tartan 233/243GMC Premium Magic Press SUPER SLIM FIT
- HOW TO USE- STEP 1: PREP Start with clean, shaped nails. Push back cuticles. Wipe nails with alcohol or acetone. STEP 2: SELECT SIZE Select proper size. Lift strip starting from edge. STEP 3: APPLICATION Starting from cuticle, completely smooth out strip over nail. Press down firmly from center and side to side. STEP 4: FINISH Fold over excess material and file in one direction starting from one side to the center to the other side. Smooth out nail edge with gray side.
- HOW TO REMOVE: massage cuticle oil on your nail. Use manicure stick to gently and slowly lift off your nail strip from corner of the cuticle area. Massage additional cuticle oil onto nail and cuticle.
- ITEM INCLUDES: 30 pieces of nails, in 12 sizes for adults+1 alcohol Prep Pad +1 mini nail file +1wood stick. MATERIALS/ INGREDIENTS: Nails â ABS Plastic, Adhesive â Acrylates/ Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer ,Prep Pad â Isopropyl Alcohol
- HELPFUL HINTS: Make sure to wash and completely dry your hands before you begin. Do not use any lotions or oils at least an hour before or after application. If you have much excess material when you fold over, it may be easier to cut with scissor before you file. -DISCLAIMER: Product photos are for illustrative purposes only. Actual colours may vary from the online product photos, and may also vary from the PC/ mobile/ tabletâs screen due to monitor colour settings or restrictions.
Also Check: Where To Buy Acrylic Nail Kits
Pros Of Dashing Diva Fake Toenails
Why I Use Them:
No dry time and they last 2 weeks as advertised! These are my go-to for everyday wear. They dont need an LED or UV lamp or heat that can ruin your hands or nails and last a really long time. A couple times Ive had a mishap, like I didnt prep my nails enough before applying or jumped in the pool and loosened one or two, but enough spares are in the package for a redo. Plus they come off with zero damagelike a nail sticker! To me, this is the biggest reason why I prefer this to gel nails. If I have one chipped gel nail, I feel like the whole set has to come off because I cant redo that one chipped nail without a lot of work or a trip to the salon.
Day 2 These nails have not been retouched to show actual results
I also love that you can use nail polish with these . You can treat this like the color layer for your nails. You can do anything you want to them. This means you can add a base coat, top coat, nail stickers, bling, etc. Or, if you want to use nail polish, but want a barrier base coat, they make clear strips too!
Recommended Reading: Acrylic Nails Infections
Dashing Diva Magic Press
Press on nails are making a major comeback! I was always so skeptical because I even struggle with dip manicures lasting that long on me, and gel? Not even 1 week! But, because I take so many photos of my hands with products, its just better if the beauty bloggers nails look put together, right? Plus, I have little boy hands and my nail beds just arent that cute. LOL.
So, there I was spending $50+ tip every 2.5 weeks getting dip manicures and hating my life. I felt like I was stuck in that cycle for years where your nails become so thin that you have to keep getting dip because its the only thing that keeps them from bending backward . But the funny part is, I absolutely hate getting my nails done. The drill, the time, the gamble as to will this set last at least 2 weeks? Will I like the color that long? What about the shape? Id usually go home and reshape my own nails because they were never right. It was frustrating, and I felt stuck!
Ive been wanting to get out of the nail cycle for a while and I finally had a good reason- Dashing Diva wanted me to be a part of their Magic Press nail campaign! The timing of the campaign was pretty fast and I had to take my 1-week old dip mani off early to meet the deadline. I went to the closest nail salon and had my nails removed and took my naked, thin nails home. Wow, I havent seen my own nails like this for 2 years!
Has Anyone Used Dashing Diva Nail Guards
I havent personally used it, but I follow a dip FB group. And someone posted about their experience. It lasted 15 days on their nails. The person elected to remove them at that point with the help of cuticle oil. As far as I can remember, none popped off prior the removal.
I use these. They are pretty good at preventing damage to the nail and will last 1-2 weeks. You do need to prep the nail so they stay sticky and I wouldnt just pull it off. I actually just wait for most of my nails to pop off, then soak the last few in acetone, but it is way faster than doing all of them.
Recommended Reading: How To Take Out Contacts With Long Nails
Easy To Put On Even Easier To Remove New Yorks Dashing Diva Makes Gel Press
We can see why Rihanna, Madonna, Lady Gaga and Beyonce are Dashing Diva fans: the US brand has made nail art faster, easier, and cheaper to do. Its latest: Magic Press Press-on Gel Manicure adhesive nail tips with gel-like polish in more than 70 new designs every year.
Dashing Divas Magic Press Press-on Gel Manicure is made for Asian nails which are usually narrower and shorter than Caucasian ones. Each gel-nail is also softer, almost weightless, follows the nails natural curve, and can be filed down.
It comes in six ranges. Mass you get colour, print and faux stones. Premium Series features the addition of real crystals. Signature Edition limited editions with crystals and only 200 sets of each design. Pedicure like Mass, it has colour, print and faux stones. Premium Pedicure with real crystals. Petite for kids, this has cute designs but no stones, and it sticks on via water-based glue, so it comes off in warm water.
Also expect special collections: One collaboration was with Korean nail artist Park Eunkyung, founder of Unistella.
How to get them on1. Prep nails by pushing back the cuticles.2. Remove dirt and grease with the provided alcohol pad.3. Remove adhesive backing from gel nail.4. Press nail tip onto your nail and hold it there for three seconds.5. Now, keep your artificial nails away from water and oil for an hour.
How to get them off
For more information, visit us at .
How I Take Them Off:
Dashing Diva recommends adding a little cuticle oil and then peeling off, but Ive removed them without anything on and my nails were longer and prettier than when they started. When it hasnt been fine to just peel it off was when I had a salon gel manicure that was causing weak and peeling nails. These nail strips do have adhesive, so, I would recommend putting a barrier on first if your nails are in bad shape.
Also Check: How Do You Get Dip Nails Off
Cons Of Dashing Diva Nail Strips
I really dont have too many cons to list. Here are a few if Im being knit picky!
- Some sticky residue can stay on your nail once you peel these off. I can easily remove this with a nail buffer.
- I dont always use all sizes in the package, so it feels wasteful. A friend suggested cutting them down and using them on their child which I am going to try!
Dashing Diva Nail Strips Review
Love this? Share it!
On the hunt for the best products for an at-home manicure? Today Im reviewing my experience with Dashing Diva Nail Strips.
As someone who doesnt get many professional manicures , I do like to have my nails painted. Though since Indys been born I dont do it as often. I guess I use my hands more than I use to so it seems like my color chips much quicker and then Im that person with badly chipped nails who cant remember to take it off.
With nail strips and stickers becoming more popular lately I thought Id try out some different kinds to see if there are some that last longer and are worth buying.
This post includes affiliate links meaning purchases made through included links may result in my earning a small commission at no cost to you.
Don’t Miss: What Removes Gel Nail Polish
Pros Of Dashing Diva Nail Strips
When I first tried out Dashing Diva gel strips, I had a bunch of house work I needed to get done. I figured theyd for sure peel off while I pulled weeds, painted, and went through the girls clothes. Oddly enough, they didnt budge! Since then, Ive worn them while on a trip to Palm Springs, to the beach and the pool. They held up great! See below for my tips and tricks when applying Dashing Diva nails. Here are my favorite things about these nail stickers:
- They are budget friendly they typically cost around $12 for a set which will give you a couple of manicures
- You can mix and match the sets
- They are really easy to apply
- There are a lot of colors and styles to choose from
- They can be easily removed when youre done with them
- If a gel strip starts to peel off, you can just re-do that one nail vs. having to wait to get to the nail salon
- I also use the small nails/leftovers on my girls!
How To Apply The Nail Strips:
1. Read the package instructions. The first thing to do is clean your nails with alcohol. THIS IS THE STEP I SKIPPED THE FIRST TIME. Dont do that. It really made a HUGE difference on my next application.
2. Choose the size that fits your nails best. There are 34 strips in a package so youve got plenty to choose from.
3. Apply the nail and press/hold down to secure and smooth.
4. Use one side of the file to trim the excess. Use the other side of the file to smooth.
Here are my nails after applying them:
There were a few tiny places that I didnt get smoothed perfectly but I didnt mind.
Its now been two weeks since I put them on and while there is a bit of wear and tear they still look pretty great!
After two weeks:
Next time I should put the laundry away before photos. 🙂
On a few nails there are places the strips has pulled up or chipped but it wouldnt be enough for me to remove them or even notice if I wasnt looking so closely.
You can see some chips and ridges have formed when you look up close. Probably not enough damage for me to remove them just yet!
I kind of want to change them out just to try something new but feel like I shouldnt waste good nails still. 🙂
Also Check: What Doctor Should I See For Nail Fungus
Dashing Diva Nailguard Protective Base
Dashing Divas NailGuard is a peel-away protective base for gel-polish and acrylics. NailGuard eliminates soak-off time, and a micro-thin base layer helps maintain client nail health. The product requires no dry time and can be worn up to 14 days.
1. Start with clean, dry hands and nails. Push back cuticles with a manicure stick. Wipe nails with alcohol to remove any remaining oil. Select the NailGuard strip that best fits each nail. The strip should cover the entire nail from side to side without touching the skin. Detach the individual NailGuard strip by tearing along the perforated line and remove the white backing paper. Hold the strip at its center and place the tacky side down onto the nail starting at the base. Press down side to side to release NailGuard onto the nail. Remove the top film and discard. Firmly smooth strip over entire nail. Start at the base and smooth the center, move up from side to side. Fold any excess strip over the nail edge and gently file away. Make sure the free edge has a smooth finish.
2. Nails are now ready for gel-polish or acrylic application over NailGuard.
3. To remove, dip your manicure stick in polish remover. Place the beveled edge of the manicure stick at the side corner of the cuticle.
4. Gently push-in and slowly lift up to peel away the gel color.
You Might Also Like:
Step 1: Prep Basically, just push back your cuticles and use the alcohol wipe
Step 3: Press
Dont Miss: Does Hongo Killer Nail Formula Work
How To Use Dashing Diva Nail Strips
You might get confused on how to use the nail strips on your nail? For example, how will they be applied and how to remove the excess part of the nail strip? So dont worry, the nail strips are very easy to use! Here is the step-by-step guide on how to use dashing diva nail guards!
- The first step is to clean your nails with alcohol, nail paint remover. So that your nails get cleaned properly, without leaving any substance on your nails.
- Make sure you select the right size strip for your nails. Each package comes with 34 strips, so you can make your choice.
- Secure and smooth the nail by pressing/holding down on it.
- To trim the excess, use one side of the file. Finally, smooth the nail surface with another side of the file.
Voila1 You have applied nail strips successfully. Read this article- Salon Equipment Packages You Should Consider
How Do They Compare To Color Street
- The material is thicker than Color Street so they have a little more stretch to them.
- They had a few more bubbles and places I didnt get smoothed than Color Street. But I also didnt try super hard.
- Ive only tried the Color Street strips for a week and the wear and tear was similar to what I experienced after two weeks with Dashing Diva strips. Dashing Diva lasted longer for me.
- Color Street is more expensive at between $11-$13 a set
- Most Color Street nails only include one design in a package though a few come with two coordinating designs.
Nothing against Color Street, I still think its a good product, but I think personally feel the Dashing Diva nails strips give me more of what Im after more design options, cheaper price point, and a little more durability.
So will I try Dashing Diva nail strips again? Definitely. In fact, I think I might go order a couple more sets now! 🙂
Want to pin this for later?