Coconut Oil And Oregano Oil
Oregano oil is known for its anti-oxidant properties. The composition of oregano oil is of terpene, terpenoids, and phenols.
Here are some basic things / properties of the Oregano oil that will add up in the Coconut oil as a combination.
- Carvacrol is a unique phenol which is present in the oregano oil, it stops and decrease the bacterial growth.
- Thymol is an anti-fungal ingredient.
- Rosmarinic acid, are to repair the damaged skin.
You can mix equal parts of coconut oil and oregano oil, keep the mixture in a dark bottle at room temperature. Before applying, heat the mixture and use twice a day.
You can check our best picked Oregano oil to mix in Coconut oil, on Amazon by clicking below.
Topical And Oral Treatments
Oregano oil taken orally in conjunction with topical essential oil application will be an unbeatable duo for fighting toenail fungus. Oregano oil is available in softgel capsule form of varying strengths. Likewise, oregano essential oil is available in regular, super strength, and P73 formulations . Its important to try and feel healthy and look glamorous.
Why To Use Baking Soda For Fungus On Nail
Baking soda is in use to treat different skin issues. It is mainly because of the anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties of Sodium bicarbonate.
Why is that so? Did a doctor recommend it? Not really, but the results speak for itself.
The following are some prominent benefits of using baking soda as a topical application for toenail fungus.
- The Sodium bicarbonate in baking soda changes the pH of the toenail. This change in pH will then make the toenails skin an unfavorable spot for the toenail fungus to grow.
- Not only this, baking soda is also a great exfoliator. The damage and dead skin cells need to be removed as soon as possible. If you will visit a doctor, they will also recommend some cleanser or exfoliating solution. As a home remedy baking soda will be a reliable remedy.
- Fungus loves moisture. The more you keep it moist, by wearing damp socks or living in a humid environment, you need a drying solution to treat toenail fungus. Baking soda and Hydrogen peroxide are the two home remedies to absorb moisture. It will dry those infected cells, ultimately killing the fungus.
You May Like: Nail Polish Out Of Fabric
The Best Way To Use Coconut Oil For Nail Fungus
This DIY recipe is an economical choice that will help fight against a nail fungus quickly and naturally. Here are the benefits of some of the ingredients in this recipe:
Coconut Oil: This oil is chock-full of caprylic acid, lauric acid, and medium-chain fatty acids, all of which are natural fungicides to help treat nail fungus effectively. Nail fungus can leave your nail and its surrounding skin dull and dry. Coconut oil aids in replenishing the lost nutrients in the nails and leaving you with the softest nails, as it is a natural moisturizer. Furthermore, a fungal infection may leave the nails weak and vulnerable to more damage. This oil contains immune-boosting agents that help strengthen your cuticles, nails, and nail beds.
Oregano Oil: Oregano oil is a potent antibacterial and anti-fungal that is excellent for battling some harmful bacteria and fungi such as E.coli, Staphylococcus, Candida Albicans. It also exhibits powerful antiseptic and antifungal properties that help deal with toenail fungus, boost the healing process, and prevent tissue damage. Apart from that, it helps to strengthen immunity and prevent the growth of cancer cells.
This recipe is not difficult to prepare at home and can treat a nail fungus within several days.
You Will Need
- Oregano oil 2or 3 drops
How To Do
Note: After applying this oil mixture, if you experience a burning sensation, the next time use less quantity of oregano oil.
Apple Cider Vinegar And Tea Tree Oil For Toenail Fungus:
Apple cider vinegar dis- comforts the fungus and it doesnt allow it to enter the nail due to the presence of anti fungal properties.
- 1 cup of Apple cider vinegar
- Cotton ball
- Fill the bowl with water and a cup of Apple cider vinegar
- Soak finger for 40 min. And towel dry
- Using cotton ball apply tea tree oil on the affected nail
- Leave it to dry completely
Repetitions: Repeat it twice a day.
Best Time to apply: Morning and before bed.
Also Check: How To Prep Your Nails
How To Increase The Effectiveness Of The Product
There are some additional things that you can do to increase the effectiveness of the product.
As previously mentioned, you can combine it with various other substances, thus hastening the recovery process. Coconut oil is completely harmless and will not react in a negative way when mixed with other substances.
Here are the top 3 of our suggestions:
- Create an anti-fungal foot soak by combining various healthy products. For example, previously mentioned, tea tree oil is another excellent natural solution to this problem. Mix tea tree oil with water and put your feet in it. After 10 to 15 minutes of soaking, dry your feet and apply coconut oil
- Vinegar can also help out. It is one of the oldest natural remedies that we have, but for some reason, people have stopped using it. Apple vinegar can be used for soaking your feet, or you can apply it directly. It has a similar application as tea tree oil
- You can also use various essential oil. Again, you would have to make a foot soak. Keep in mind that most essential oils are powerful so you will just have to put a few drops in water, and you will have your mixture
There you go!
If you have to treat toenail fungus, there are very few natural solutions that are as good as coconut oil. Try one of these treatments, and we are confident that you’ll have great results!
How To Apply Coconut Oil On Infected Toenails
Using coconut oil for toenail fungus is pretty straightforward. You won’t have to hassle or even ask other people for assistance.
The only issue is the fact treatment may last for a while. Still, that is much better than risking your health with volatile drugs!
Here is how you apply it:
1) First, make sure that both your feet and hands are clean. You will have to dry them afterward properly
2) Put coconut oil on your hands. Don’t overdo it, though. This oil is usually sold in a solid form which is why you will have to roll it in your hands to warm it up
3) Start applying the oil. Make sure it also reaches underneath your nails
4) Leave it be for at least 10 to 15 minutes
5) You can combine the oil with some other natural solutions such as tea tree oil
There you go!
As you can see, it is pretty simple. The only thing you will have to keep in mind is that coconut oil therapy lasts for a while, so you will have to be very disciplined.
Do it regularly, and you will relatively quickly solve the issue.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Contacts Out With Nails
Apply Until Fungus Is Gone
It is important to continue applying the coconut oil to the infected areas.
In fact, you should stick with this practice until the fungal infection has properly cleared up.
If you are prone to fungal infections, you may want to apply coconut oil to your feet regularly.
This could prevent overgrowth of candida.
When To See A Doctor About Toenail Fungus
If you are experiencing persistent toenail fungus or pain is present, you may need to see a specialist. A dermatologist or podiatrist may be able to assess your symptoms and send a small sample of the affected toenail or flesh to a laboratory to be analyzed as there are various types of fungi and yeasts that cause onychomycosis. Knowing the specific cause of your foot fungus can help identify what route to take to treat your condition.
Nail changes can also be caused by underlying conditions, like psoriasis and diabetes, so its important to seek professional medical advice if your condition persists or worsens. Bacterial and fungal infection of skin in diabetes patients often result in hospital admissions, and in severe cases, can result in amputations. If you are at a higher risk for infection, you should skip home remedies and seek professional medical treatment.
Recommended Reading: Taking Contacts Out With Nails
So Extra Virgin Coconut Oil For Toenail Fungus
If you wish to get a fragrance free with no added preservatives coconut oil to ensure a safe healing then this is the product to check.
This is a 100% natural extra virgin oil, best for daily use, because when you are fighting the toe-nail fungus a regular use of coconut oil is essential.
The best part is, it is lactose free and that is why it can heal the fungus infected area faster.
The higher lactose content in other coconut oils can increase the fungal production, that is why you must check the lactose content before buying.
How To Use Coconut Oil As A Treatment For Toenail Fungus Infections
To treat toenail fungus infections using coconut oil, try these methods :
- Get a sufficient amount of unrefined coconut oil.
- Apply it to the affected toenail.
- Massage it gently for a few minutes.
- Let it dry naturally.
Warm Coconut Oil
- Wash and dry the affected toenails.
- Now, warm the coconut oil. You can do this by soaking a bowl of coconut oil in a bowl of warm water.
- Apply the warm coconut oil in the affected area and massage.
- Repeat this method for about 3 to 6 times a day.
Coconut Oil Bandage
- Warm coconut oil to liquefy it.c
- In the liquefied coconut oil, soak the bandage youll be using.
- Apply the soaked bandage in the affected toenails.
- Let it dry naturally.
- Cover it with socks or plastic bag and remove it in the morning.
- Remember to replace the bandage every day or the fungi will creep back into your toenails! You wouldnt like that, would you?
Coconut Oil with Cinnamon Oil
Enhance the amazing effects of coconut oil by adding a few drops of cinnamon oil. The cinnamon oil will help promote a better blood circulation in your toenails.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of coconut oil with a few drops of cinnamon oil.
- Apply the mixture to the affected toenails.
- Leave the oil on for a few minutes until it completely dries.
- Repeat this method on a regular basis for faster nail fungus treatment.
Read Also: What Vitamin Makes Your Nails Strong
Toenail Fungus Prescription Medications
Sometimes prescription medications are needed to treat a toenail infection that just wont go away with natural remedies or over-the-counter medication in a few months. In this case, prescription-strength antifungal medication can eradicate stubborn onychomycosis.
Topical medications often are effective in treating mild to moderate toenail fungus. Topical solutions may include medicated nail polishes or liquid medications. Loprox , Penlac , Kerydin , and Jublia are among the top prescription drugs for toenail fungus.
Can Coconut Oil Help The Ridges
When there is not enough moisture in your nails, you are likely to end up developing ridges. While coconut oil has microbial properties, it is thought that it can help to eliminate ridges because it can act as a moisturizer. The moisturizing properties of coconut oil may potentially be able to keep your nails hydrated to some degree. Some people have added coconut oil to their nail care routine by applying a few drops of coconut oil and massaging it into the skin.
Read Also: Essie Gel How To
Vicks And Tea Tree Oil For Toenail Fungus:
Vicks have many strong ingredients in it which have the power to fight against fungus.
- Massage the tea tree oil on the clean and affected nail
- Let it dry for few min.
- Then rub the vicks on the infected nail
- Leave it for few minutes and wipe it off
Repetitions: Repeat this process once in a day.
Best Time to apply: Before bed.
Coconut Oil And Tea Tree Oil For Toenail Fungus
According to surveys 60% people observed a cure in toenail fungus while using 100% natural tea treat oil. You need to mix three parts of coconut oil, and one part of tea-tree oil.
Tea-tree oil, is anti-inflammatory, and it will treat the acne and fungus, making your skin smooth and firm. It will however take longer than the topical creams.
Also, Tea tree oil is the best among the additional things which you can add to coconut oil for the best results.
And yes, we also recommend you to must add the tea tree oil in coconut oil if you cant use Urgent Fungus Destroyer with your coconut oil about which, we will talk later on in this article.
You can check our best picked Tea tree oil to mix in Coconut oil, on Amazon by clicking below.
Don’t Miss: How To Cut A Newborn’s Nails
How To Use Coconut Oil:
Treating your nails with coconut oil is quite simple. Cleanse the affected area and pat dry. Apply the oil to the toes and massage into the nail, nail bed, and surrounding skin. Repeat this process twice a day until the fungus has dissipated.
While it may seem unbelievable that such a modest treatment can eliminate such a progressive condition, it really is that simple. Keep reading below for feedback from Earth Clinic readers who have cured their nail fungus with daily applications of coconut oil. Try it for yourself and let us know how quickly it cures your nail condition!
Why Is Coconut Oil Good For Toenail Fungus
- CO is rich in medium chain fatty acids that helps to work as natural fungicides.
- It has an anti-fungal property that helps to fight against the fungal action on the membranes.
- It contains lauric acid, which has anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Its moisturizing properties will leave you with the softest nails.
- It contains 8% caprylic acid that is very effective against fungus.
- It contains many important nutrients to strengthen your nails and cuticles to avoid further fungus.
You May Like: How Much Does Dip Cost For Nails
Foot Fungus Prevention Tips
Along with the treatment of foot fungus, its vital to follow the below helpful tips to prevent their reoccurrence in the first place.
- Wash your feet regularly with anti-fungal soap and water.
- Always carry light, well-ventilated shoes and cotton socks.
- Avoid the use of sweaty socks and smelly shoes.
- Change your habit of sharing footwear with anyone.
- Use shower sandals while visiting wet public places.
- Always keep your feet clean and dry.
Amazing Ways To Use Coconut Oil For Toenail Fungus
Did you know that 3 to 12 percent of the population in the US is affected by nail fungus and that these fungal infections are really hard to get rid of?
Once one gets the infection, it could take months for it to recover because the toenails grow really slow.
Furthermore, the infection may not be identifiable in its initial stages as it may take place gradually.
Nonetheless, the most convenient and easiest way to spot toenail fungus is when the nail becomes brittle or changes its color.
The general precautions include maintaining good hygiene but some home remedies help you stay one step ahead before the disease strikes.
One of the proven methods to avoid toenail fungus is to use the all-beneficial coconut oil.
It is a natural anti-fungal agent that works wonders to prevent and cure the disease.
Lets take a look at all the ways you can use coconut oil for toenail fungus!
You May Like: Varisi Nails
Other Home Remedies For Treating Toenail Fungus
1. Tea Tree Oil and Orange Oil Massage
A teaspoon of tree tea oil and half a teaspoon of compressed orange oil makes a wonderful massage oil for treating toenail fungus. For the massage, clean your toenails and feet properly. Then, massage the oil thoroughly till your skin and nails soak it and let it stay overnight.
2. Baking Soda and Vinegar Soak
Add five tablespoons of baking soda to a cup of apple cider vinegar and use it in a warm foot soak. The alkaline properties of the mixture prevent the growth of fungus while treating it at the same time.
3. Oregano Oil Massage
Adding a few drops of oregano oil to coconut oil or olive oil for a foot massage helps treat toenail fungus. The anti-fungal properties of this mix can also help you prevent fungal infections.
Coconut Oil And Tea Tree Oil For Toenail Fungus:
Coconut oil is one of the most effective oil for any problem, it has anti fungal properties, because of its strong properties it is considered a natural remedy in treating toenail fungus.
- 2 drop Tea tree oil
- Cotton ball
- First take a cotton ball put 1 drop of coconut oil
- And then 2 drop of tea tree oil
- Then bind the ball with bandage to you toe before going to bed and leave it overnight.
Best time & Repetitions: Apply the mixture once in a day preferably at night. You can notice improvements within 4 weeks.
Read Also: Vitamin For Toenail Fungus
Coconut Oil Toenail Fungus Before And After
Here I have shown two cases. In the first case the effected person only used Coconut oil to get rid of the fungus.
And in the second case, the effected person used Urgent fungus destroyer in addition to the coconut oil for the maximum and fast results.
Here the effected person started using the Extra virgin coconut oil regularly two times a day on the whole nail. The results were not fast but started showing the results gradually.
You cannot expect results quickly, by using only coconut oil to get the relief, it could take months. But yes, it is effective for sure.
After applying it continuously for 5 months and a one week, here are the final results.
It is always best to use additional cheap but effective supplement/medicine in addition to the coconut oil to get the maximum possible results as quick as possible, as in the next case.
Below are some images to show the effects of using virgin coconut oil and Urgent Fungus Destroyer tablets , to treat toe nail within two months.
The effected person used extra virgin coconut oil to treat toe nail fungus for 51 days, and the urgent fungus destroyer for 55 days.
The combined effect of both the supplement and the coconut oil took 55 days to make the toe nail look completely fine.
It got fixed this fast because the Urgent Fungus Destroyer is specially designed to fix the Fungus specially on Nails like toenails and can kill other fungus too like skin and hair fungus.